Author Topic: ball family of Derbyshire  (Read 2258 times)

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
ball family of Derbyshire
« on: Monday 21 February 11 03:07 GMT (UK) »
James Ball married Christella Bertha Carnall 4th quarter 1903 in Derbyshire.   Anyone connected to them?  Still waiting to find them on 1911 census to find out if they had children?  All I know is that Christella B.Ball  died at age 61 in 1st quarter of 1939 in Shardlow District of Derbyshire. #7b-635.

( I have her own family and census etc...up til 1901when she lived with sister in Notts.  Then she married and disappeared from site.)

Thank you.
CARNALL of Derbyshire & Leicester; WARD & ADAMS of Buckinghamshire; MELLOR of Leicester; DUNLOP, ROBINSON, McCOY of Northern Ireland; PRATT, CHAMBERS, VANES and CARNAHAN of Ireland...and New Zealand.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ball family of Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 February 11 07:11 GMT (UK) »
On the marriage reg Christella's names are reversed -she is Bertha Christella Carnall

Have you searched under Bertha Christella in 1911?? I'm sure you will find her
 with James and 2 children

There is also this birth FreeBMD
Sadie Ball
mother's maiden name Carnall
Mar qtr 1913
7b 1205

you can check freeBMD entering mother's maiden name fromSept qtr 1911

There are birth reg's in Barrow S too -but I think those children belong to George ball who married a Carnall
Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 February 11 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Suzard.  At least I have one child of Christella & James Ball.  I don't have access yet to 1911 Census, but will look for a Christening or birth for another child.
Thank you so much for at least finding me one of their children.  I sure appreciate it.

Joker
CARNALL of Derbyshire & Leicester; WARD & ADAMS of Buckinghamshire; MELLOR of Leicester; DUNLOP, ROBINSON, McCOY of Northern Ireland; PRATT, CHAMBERS, VANES and CARNAHAN of Ireland...and New Zealand.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 February 11 17:30 GMT (UK) »
I think you will find these are their children
Birth reg FreeBMD
Phillip james ball
Mar qtr 1905
Derby
7b 594

Marjorie Louise Ball
Dec qtr 1906
Derby
7b 596

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 February 11 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suz: someone else sent me their names this morning as well in private message.  But thanks...I really appreciate the help of everyone on RootsChat. Sure makes it easier.  Now to find the living ones!!! lol

Joker