Author Topic: Anthony Family Research  (Read 16494 times)

Offline kennyg

• RootsChat Member
  • Meikles, Watsons, McGregors and Bairds
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Family Research
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 19:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Haven't been here for a while - 'real' life took over for a bit!

Starting to look at a different part of my family and came across this thread.

Michael Anthony, my 4x GGrandfather married Margaret Dobbie in Bathgate in 1820.  A few of the names mentioned in this thread appear in Michael's family.

Can anyone connect my Michael to the family being discussed here?

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 20:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Kenny

Boo  ;D Real life does take over sometimes as we know...but good to have you back!

Have you got an existing post on Michael Anthony here on RC that can be linked for background, or can you add some further details so that other people can see how Michael might connect?

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kennyg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for warm welcome back Monica,

No previous post on Michael. 

I have him born approx 1811 (census records), marrying Margaret Dobbie on 16 Sep 1820 in Bathgate.  Four children I know of - Margaret (1825), Isabella (abt 1836), William (abt 1843) and Helen (abt 1846).

Then found an OPR listing for a Michael Anthony for Mort Cloth payments in 1814 in Bathgate.  This appears to link with Neil10's Michael born in 1726, died 1814.

So, I wondered if Neil10, Bodach and Inss03 had more that might tie my family to theirs?  Timings may indicate that my Michael was a grandson of the Michael born 1726.

Always hoping!

Kenny

Offline Bodach

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Kenny

Sorry I don't have any Michaels on my Anthony line.. yet.

David
WILSON - Glasgow + New Monklands + Renfrew. INNES - Govan + Grangemouth + Aberdeen. McBRIAR - Holytown + Belfast. ANTHONY - Linlithgow + Edinburgh. NEILSON - Govan + Bulaweyo. HOWAT - Banff. WALLACE - Argyll. FERGUSON - Glasgow. SINCLAIR - Dunoon. STEVENSON - Edinburgh. SCHUBACK - Germany. LYON - Argyll + Aberdeen. RAE - Aberdeen. MORRISON - Banff? GRANT - Banff. MUNROE - Banff. CRAWFORD - Argyll.

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 August 12 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Haven't been here for a while - 'real' life took over for a bit!

Starting to look at a different part of my family and came across this thread.

Michael Anthony, my 4x GGrandfather married Margaret Dobbie in Bathgate in 1820.  A few of the names mentioned in this thread appear in Michael's family.

Can anyone connect my Michael to the family being discussed here?

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

Michael Anthony was my Great x3 Grandfather. Michael's son (from his second marriage to Elizabeth Dingwall) David b1853 is my connection. :)

I recognise a few names on this thread. I will try and have a look at my tree and see where they fit in.
Mitchell and Perry in N.Ireland and Scotland. McLaren and Hamilton in Scotland. Craig and Major in N.Ireland and Scotland. McIntosh and Paton in Fife.

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 August 12 18:05 BST (UK) »
Looked at my records. My 5xgreat grandparents are Michael Anthony and Janet Kelly. :) So there's a few of us here who have a connection.

William Anthony who married Agnes Samuel is my 5th Great Grand Uncle according to ancestry.com!
Mitchell and Perry in N.Ireland and Scotland. McLaren and Hamilton in Scotland. Craig and Major in N.Ireland and Scotland. McIntosh and Paton in Fife.

Offline kennyg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 August 12 19:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Iain,

So can you let me know how you get from 'our' Michael Anthony (married to Margaret Dobbie and Elizabeth Dingwall) to Michael Anthony and Janet Kelly - who was the male Anthony in between and his partner/children?

I can't seem to see all of the picture so far!

Kenny

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 06 August 12 23:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks Iain,

So can you let me know how you get from 'our' Michael Anthony (married to Margaret Dobbie and Elizabeth Dingwall) to Michael Anthony and Janet Kelly - who was the male Anthony in between and his partner/children?

I can't seem to see all of the picture so far!

Kenny

Certainly.

Our Michael Anthony was born in July 1800 in Bathgate parish. His parents were Michael Anthony born 11 August 1764 who was married to Christian Jean Young born 6 June 1768. Michael Anthony 1764 was the son of Michael Anthony born 1726 and Janet Kelly born 1733.

Offline kennyg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 09:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks Iain,

That's allowed me to pull it together.  Apart from Monica (as far as I know!) it means all contributors to this thread are related.  As far as I can work out based on the info here;

Neil10 is my 6th cousin, once removed;
Bodach is my 5th cousin, twice removed and
IainW81 is my 4th cousin, once removed.

Can't tell yet what relation inss03 is.

I'll pm each of you with my Anthony line and would appreciate others doing the same.

Love it when things knit together - power of Rootschat!

Kenny