Author Topic: KEMPSON of Nottingham & Australia  (Read 21385 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: KEMPSON of Nottingham & Australia
« Reply #72 on: Friday 24 June 11 10:45 BST (UK) »
Further speculations

1870 at age 45, a James Harvey died, registered in Victoria with reference 7479....

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Essie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Friday 24 June 11 12:41 BST (UK) »

Speculating of course but ....

Elizabeth Winter married James Harvey 1 January 1843 at Adelaide .... again from a commercial online index, so some details have not made that index, which shows Vol 1 and pg 28...

Cheers, JM

Not this Elizabeth HARVEY nee WINTER.
James HARVEY and Elizabeth had 10 children in SA by 1867, and were living at Meadows from 1860 onwards.
James HARVEY died at Meadows in 1895
Elizabeth HARVEY died at Meadows in 1915.

Essie

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 25 June 11 01:01 BST (UK) »
Hello...

From the NZ BDM Deaths fiche:

Folio number 1906/1930 Henry KEMPSON

1906 = Year of death
1930 = Place of registration (in this case Timaru)

If you intend to purchase a copy of the death certificate it's best to order a "printout".

http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Births-Deaths-and-Marriages-Get-a-Death-Marriage-Civil-Union-or-Name-Change-Certificate?OpenDocument

Regards
Beg

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 25 June 11 01:46 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Thanks Beg  I feel sure that the print out partly  confirms IF  this is the elusive Henry ......  As always it is the primary records that need to be checked and as one of the many RChatters who have offered advice and looked up indexes  I would like to think that some pennies will be saved up and then expended on some certificates for  there are many mentions in the threads for those reference numbers on those certificates.

Cheers   JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Saturday 25 June 11 02:07 BST (UK) »
Quote from: majm

I feel sure that the print out partly confirms IF this is the elusive Henry ......  As always it is the primary records that need to be checked

Hello JM...

I've most likely got the wrong end of the stick :-) but you said you were "looking for a death certificate reference".

A printout is a photocopy of the death register entry. It contains all of the info used to complete the death certificate plus (sometimes) extra info not included on the death certifcate. To order it you just need the folio number i.e 1906/1930 and $20.

Isn't that what you were originally looking for or have I missed something.

Regards
Beg

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Saturday 25 June 11 02:31 BST (UK) »
Sorry Beg,

You have NOT got the wrong end of the stick,  my poor wordsmith skills is at fault.  Of course, the NZ print out is the best option.  I was using "certificates" and "primary records" in the broader sense, to cover the registrations of BDM events in Henry's life across England, and the various colonies in the British Empire....  The NZ print outs have always been my preferred choice for NZ's primary records. 

I apologise for my poor wordsmith skills. 

If there had been any BDM events in this chap's life that were registered in NSW BDM then I would suggest for transcripts from licenced transcription agents.   And of course, when the Victorian BDM events I and others have suggested downloading the images from the PROV.   And of course where there are Nottinghamshire primary records, then the GRO references point towards those primary records.

So, yes Beg,  I too have found that the printout would be the better option for that NZ d.c., for not only are those print outs usually more informative but also they are cheaper.

Thanks Beg, the fault is definitely at my end of the stick,  for , I also used "partly confirms IF this is the elusive Henry" because it is my opinion that the 1875 marriage in NZ of Henry and Eliza Winter Harvey would also be a "must have" primary record, and hopefully a print out of that would contain useful information also.

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Saturday 25 June 11 06:52 BST (UK) »
Hi all, 

From Martin's OP of 23 Feb 2011:

" Looking for the ancesters of Henry Kempson (B.1817 Ruddington, Nottingham)  as well as any info relating to possible remarriage  and any children he may have had after his wife died in 1848.
Henry came to South Australia in 1840. first wife was  Elizabeth Parker. He moved to Victoria about 1852 after his wife died and nobody knows what happened to him or were he ended up.
"

Well, over the past several months, there has been great advances in Martin’s quest, with frequent suggestions from many RChatters, particularly towards obtaining the official certificates/transcripts/print outs for certifying/verifying/confirming/gaining additional clues/ of Henry’s life. 

Without re-visiting all the threads that involve that searching, Here is my current scribbled conjectures, for without the primary records, this is all only conjecture.  .

Hopefully, these conjectures help both Martin and Sevendays too. I have not included any indexed references, as that would be duplicating so much of the efforts of all the RChatters.

Again I stress that the chronological list below is of course only a very brief SPECULATIVE summary.  Again, my CONJECTURES that any of these events MAY BE (and of course any of these may not be) significant dates in Henry’s life. 

I know if these people were in my own tree, that I would be saving up my pennies to obtain those records, and that if there was any conflicting information on them, I would be asking for further help from RChatters : 

:) 1816 Henry's  baptism records his parents as Thomas and Charlotte Kempson. Further, those parish records may show there were other children for that couple, and that  Charlotte’s nee name was Stokes.   
 :) 1836, marriage for Henry to Jane Winfield, and a child of that marriage was Thomas Winfield Kempson. This marriage pre-dates Henry coming to South Australia. At present, no formal ending of that marriage has come to light until the 1891 death of Jane in England.
 :) 1842  marriage for Henry to Elizabeth Parker, in South Australia. Two boys survived their infancy, their names are recorded as Henry and Frederick. Elizabeth died in 1848.
 :) 1856 Marriage for Henry to Ellen Yuille, she had also been married previously. This marriage was in Victoria.  At present, no formal ending to that marriage has come to light.
 :) 1875, Marriage for Henry to Eliza Winter Harvey. This marriage was in New Zealand. 
 :) 1906 Henry died in New Zealand.
 :) 1910 Eliza Kempson died in New Zealand.

Fingers crossed that between Martin and Sevendays, most of these primary records are at hand already, or already on order, including now the 1906 d.c. printout.

Cheers,  JM

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Saturday 25 June 11 10:52 BST (UK) »
Quote from: majm

I apologise for my poor wordsmith skills. 

Hello JM...

No apology needed as no offence was taken :-)

All the best
Beg

Offline Martin Harmer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday 26 June 11 03:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all for all the help, now for the task of collecting any extra certs, photo's ect and putting it all together.
I also look forward to further contact with sevendays.

regards Martin
Harmer, Kempson, Kiesler, Oakland, Payne, Crowle, Sutherland, Tulloch, Ward, Benfold, Donovan, Brooks, Smith,