Author Topic: **COMPLETED** Thomas Morrison died Bradford 1837  (Read 5311 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Morrison died Bradford 1837
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 February 11 09:13 GMT (UK) »
I think its great!

Not many people have a detailed record of a death of a ancestor as that!! as the newpaper articles on Thomas. Some people liked him to wait for his speaches and what way a to go "popeyed"! died happy   :D (The saying 'on the wagon' [off the booze] may have come from him). A headstone would have not said much anyway.

I have a copy of the newspaper article! send me your Email address by PM and it will only be used for that purpose and deleted after I have sent you a copy.

Dave

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline amg2512

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 February 11 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Have sent you a pm.    I had thought that he would have been taken back to Dunfermline, but of course at this stage the Family were still poor.

I have been trying so hard to find more info on him, there are little snippets here & there but most of the info I have found has been in Andrew Carnegie's books (Thomas was his grandfather)  and Andrew was only 2 when Thomas died.
Thank you again

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 February 11 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison

There are Articles in the Gale 19c newspapers about his death but not as detailed as this Bradford one (Not in Gale website) but must admit I have no knowledge of him as I don't get too involved in people's ancestry! only what they ask for to look up! otherwise I would go nuts with all the different family trees swirling around in ones head

With deceases rampant them day they buried them very quickly and would not have had contact with his relo's also travel was not that fast them days with  smelly bodies.

Dave  :)
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline amg2512

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 February 11 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Quite right Dave, it's all to easy to get involved in other peoples trees, especially if they are so interesting...

Gale 19c newspapers, I presume I can only access these at the Library?

Thanks for all your help, I suppose I should mark this thread completed.

Alison

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 February 11 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Some Libraries have there own wedsites for home usage and your have a password to enter its usually your library card number. I use Calderdale (Halifax) for 19 c Gale

One off look ups as Thead requests only
The reason I don't get involved is the spread of the tree! only doing asked for look ups as posted only! otherwise one gets un-indated with Oliver Twists wanting more as the spread grows.

Yes on post one subject page one in capital letters. COMPLETED