Author Topic: ROBERTSON of Blairgowrie (2)  (Read 3798 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: ROBERTSON of Blairgowrie (2)
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 May 19 09:25 BST (UK) »
don't know why no mention re being a Scottish Episcopalian, which he certainly was.
I should have said 'he didn't come up in an online search of David Bertie's 'Scottish Episcopal Clergy'. I just ran the same search again, and lo and behold, it found him.

Oh, the wonders of modern technology ....
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline JEM91

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ROBERTSON of Blairgowrie (2)
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 May 19 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Forfarian & Boomeranger - Thank you both for your replies.

I think James Anderson Robertson was the youngest son of Robert Robertson so definitely one of ours. I’ve not researched the wider family much but have found the various posts relating to them extremely informative.

Robert (x3) was a plumber on the 1881 census when he was age 14. Perhaps, at that time following his father, who was a Brassfinisher, into a trade. I think he must have changed tact as he appears as:
1889 – Dentist (his marriage to Jane Boyd Bruce)
1901 – Dental Mechanic on own account (Census)
1911 – Dental Assistant (Census)
1938 – Dentist (Wife’s death record)
1962 – Dentist (Daughter Maud’s death record)

Not sure if he was a fully qualified dentist or not but my husband’s older sisters knew of a dentist/dental technician in the family. I’ll need to look into that more.

I’ve been trying to trace the deaths of the various Robert Robertson’s – I saw on a site somewhere (can’t remember which) that 2 of them may have died in Mauritius. Do you have any info on their deaths within your research? Thanks again.