Author Topic: Evans Family Treorchy  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Davidjf

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Evans Family Treorchy
« on: Saturday 26 February 11 13:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm very new to this and am looking for any information on my mother's (Violet's) side of the family.
Her father was called Thomas James Evans, and he grew up in Treorchy with his brothers Trefor and Mathias?, and sisters Lily, Betty and Eva. Thomas was a miner, and was a prominent communist party member. His father (my great grandad) was called Daniel and had a brother John and as far as I know the whole family lived in Tynybedw Street in Treorchy. Had he lived, my grandad (Thomas) would be around 100 years old now, although I don't know his exact age. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
With thanks
David

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Evans Family Treorchy
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 February 11 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Do you know when your grandad died,maybe we can find a birth year from that.
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Evans Family Treorchy
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 February 11 11:53 GMT (UK) »
have you tried searching for him on the 1911 census using the advanced search? You know that he would be about 100, so born 1911 +/- 2 years with Daniel in the same household in Pontypridd registration district. I've just tried the search on this site

http://www.1911census.co.uk/

and there's only one Thomas James that shows up.

Mathias isn't so common as a first name and I think it may actually be the mother's maiden name.
birth registrations
Evangeline Evans sept qtr 1914 Pontypridd vol 11a pg 1470 mother's maiden name Mathias
Mathias Evans march qtr 1916 Pontypridd vol 11a pg 1035 mmn Mathias
Elizabeth A Evans dec qtr 1917 Pontypridd vol 11a pg 1158 mmn Mathias

possible marriage reg
Daniel Evans dec qtr 1901 Pontypridd vol 11a pg 1034 with Elizabeth Mathias on the same page.

Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb