Author Topic: James Howe, and son? Joseph Howe  (Read 38387 times)

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Howe, and son? Joseph Howe
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 20 February 13 18:09 GMT (UK) »
I am in contact with a descendent of James Howe's twin sister, Henrietta. There is a chance an autosomal DNA analysis between the descendent and I might help to establish a family relationship - assuming that Joseph was indeed the son of James. I'm certainly no expert, and given that this is going back at least 7-generations, unsure if we both wish to invest in the testing, and he may not be so inclined to participate, even if I pay for it, given that he has no direct interest. Comments?

PS There were two manors described in my earlier Britishhistory link to a Joseph and Elizabeth Howe at Netheravon. The one sold by them, and another owned by John? Howe (Baron Chedworth) if I recall,  One might consider hiring a local English geneologist of that area to investigate any connection.

Offline bbdarn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 14 February 14 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Concerning Joseph & James Howe has there been a  autosomal DNA done to see if there is a connection? This is just a thought , but I know about the families and they were VERY sensitive with religion changes so what if this would be a reason to disown Joseph and exclude him. There has been many accounts of connections to the Howe  Emanuel Scrope Howe, Maria Sophia Charlotte Von Kielmannsegge family and the Lt. Gen. Emanuel Scrope Howe, Lady Ruperta Hughes Wittelsbach family that I do not feel it coincidental.

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 14 February 14 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for continuing the thread. There's been no interest since last year on this topic at RootsChat. Please reference or document your claim about the Howe's religious sensitivities. If you've none to state, then it's only hearsay. No DNA done with Henrietta Howe's (twin of James Howe) descendent yet.

Offline smm75

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 27 December 14 06:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'd like to revive this thread...I, like you tewilso, am descended from Joseph Howes daughter Rebecca Howe Day. On Ancestry.com I've always seen the link between Emanuel Scrope and Ruperta and wondered if it could be documented. Thankfully I found this thread and people who took the time to prove it one way. I was wondering now if you've any luck with DNA testing or has any new information come to light? I'm new to digging into the Howe family.

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 27 December 14 23:06 GMT (UK) »
No, I've not pursued DNA testing with a descendent of Henrietta Howe as its not feasible on scientific grounds.

Offline melcart1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 12 February 15 01:50 GMT (UK) »
I also descend from Rebecca Howe, and have been trying for a long time to make the connection from her line "across the pond". So far I can't do it, and it sounds as though it remains murky business. I can at least let you know that I've been to Sunnyside in Virginia and it is not open to the public. Very overgrown, inaccessible. I took several photos from the road, if anyone is interested in them.
Am planning a long-awaited trip to England this fall and sure wish I knew where to find her ancestors!

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 12 March 16 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Dear Melcart,

Did you have any success in determining the lineage of Joseph Howe during your visit to England?

Thomas

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 13 March 16 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
No, I did not end up researching the Howes on that trip last fall, as I decided to focus on my Jamestowne ancestor who was from Lancashire. BUT I loved England so very much that I know I will be returning again. Thanks for reminding me about this, you’ve gotten my curiosity up again. Have  you found anything new??? Boy, how I’d love to make that connection from Joseph Howe  to the Howes ‘across the pond’!

Posted on behalf of Mel, who sent the message to me in error.

To reply to the topic Mel you need to scroll down to the bottom and click on the reply button via RootsChat ;)

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 13 March 16 17:42 GMT (UK) »
No, I've not kept up the search. Please stay in touch though from time to time. I think it very unlikely that there is a connection based upon my research several years ago.

Best of luck!