Author Topic: James Howe, and son? Joseph Howe  (Read 38355 times)

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Howe, and son? Joseph Howe
« Reply #45 on: Friday 17 March 17 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Also, see the following link that concludes there is no relation between the Joseph Howe's and the Viscount Howes.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.talk.royalty/2008-01/msg00159.html

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 15 January 18 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Status update: DNA testing (performed 01/15/18) has established a statistically significant autosomal DNA match (40 cM) between a 7th grandson of Henrietta Howe (sister of James Howe) and me (a 6th grandson of Joseph Howe). Two other USA descendants of Joseph who have participated in my study, also show matches at this level. The 7th grandson of Henrietta Howe and I are 9th cousins. 8th cousins typically have no more than 16 cM.

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 09 March 18 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Dear Nell and all other descendants of Joseph Howe of Pulaski County VA died 1790,

Please upload your AncestryDNA (or other autosomal vendor) raw data files to GEDMatch and let me know the kit numbers. I have found small triangulated segments between American descendants of Joseph Howe and a descendant of Henrietta Howe in England. The 7th Earl Howe will soon join my study. The more verifiable descendants of Joseph who can be tested at GEDMatch against the English Howe descendants and triangulate will bolster our level of confidence.Thank you.

Offline emma.carter128

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 30 August 18 02:40 BST (UK) »
@tewilson
My GEDMatch kit number is T219965

I would be interested in what you can obtain from this.
--emma

Offline Trapper6012

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 30 August 18 03:09 BST (UK) »
Please use mine from GEDmatch if it helps... Would love to know any results:  A245291

Matt

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 10 February 19 07:36 GMT (UK) »
I have been looking for a James Howe for some time without any luck and just came across this thread - we think our James was born about 1764 no clue where or who are parents or siblings
He first appears in 1791 marrying Phillippa Duppa Hancorn and in 1797 he is executor of his father-in-law will - Baldwin Duppa and James is listed as a 'gentleman'  ................. Alison

Offline shaymcneal

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 03 March 19 05:25 GMT (UK) »
Good evening,

This a new experience for me.  I am a bit confused by your most recent post.  Am I to understand that you have matched a proven individual from the Henrietta Howe line?  This is very important for me, as well as for my family, as I was recently diagnosed with Porphyria.  The type of Porphyria is the same as Prince William (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_William,_Duke_of_Gloucester) who was diagnosed with it in his lifetime.

If indeed, you matched the Howe associated with lineage that goes back to Mary Queen of Scots and the German Houses associated with King George and Prince William, then an explanation regarding my illness may come into view.  My hematologist and the geneticist say that I was a carrier, as was my mother, until an insult to my body activated the condition. I now cannot be in the sun or fluorescent light. They also told me the condition can be dormant for generations. In my case, it was a chemical that triggered its appearance. My reaction to the increased porphyrins is characterized by blisters on my skin that appear after sun exposure. My skin also burns from sun exposure. I have neurological involvement as well and if I do not get to a hospital when I am suffering an attack, there are grave consequences. Everything from an inability to ambulate to loss of sight and respiratory arrest. If all goes well, these conditions do pass after infusions but unfortunately some can linger for weeks to months. The insult to my body left me chronically porphyric. If there are others on this board who have a similar condition, I would like to know of them.

I do not have any other line that would explain where Porphyria might come down to me. My mother is a direct descendant of Joseph Howe of Virginia through Ann,his daughter, who married Robert Alexander Paris/Parris/Pearis and they settled in Shelby County, Kentucky.  I have urged so many of my cousins to have their DNA done and many of us are participating in Gedmatch. We would like to participate in your Gedmatch exercise but do not feel comfortable posting our results publicly.

So glad you got someone in the Howe family in England to cooperate. For me, it can help to answer a health mystery that I had assumed could have come through the Howe line, but when I read your post tonight indicating you had  matched a descendant of Henrietta, I feel we have made great progress.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Shay McNeal

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 04 March 19 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shay,

I have sent a message to tewilso to let them know of your reply, hopefully they will reply soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tewilso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 04 March 19 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Good evening,

This a new experience for me.  I am a bit confused by your most recent post.  Am I to understand that you have matched a proven individual from the Henrietta Howe line?  This is very important for me, as well as for my family, as I was recently diagnosed with Porphyria.  The type of Porphyria is the same as Prince William (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_William,_Duke_of_Gloucester) who was diagnosed with it in his lifetime.

If indeed, you matched the Howe associated with lineage that goes back to Mary Queen of Scots and the German Houses associated with King George and Prince William, then an explanation regarding my illness may come into view.  My hematologist and the geneticist say that I was a carrier, as was my mother, until an insult to my body activated the condition. I now cannot be in the sun or fluorescent light. They also told me the condition can be dormant for generations. In my case, it was a chemical that triggered its appearance. My reaction to the increased porphyrins is characterized by blisters on my skin that appear after sun exposure. My skin also burns from sun exposure. I have neurological involvement as well and if I do not get to a hospital when I am suffering an attack, there are grave consequences. Everything from an inability to ambulate to loss of sight and respiratory arrest. If all goes well, these conditions do pass after infusions but unfortunately some can linger for weeks to months. The insult to my body left me chronically porphyric. If there are others on this board who have a similar condition, I would like to know of them.

I do not have any other line that would explain where Porphyria might come down to me. My mother is a direct descendant of Joseph Howe of Virginia through Ann,his daughter, who married Robert Alexander Paris/Parris/Pearis and they settled in Shelby County, Kentucky.  I have urged so many of my cousins to have their DNA done and many of us are participating in Gedmatch. We would like to participate in your Gedmatch exercise but do not feel comfortable posting our results publicly.

So glad you got someone in the Howe family in England to cooperate. For me, it can help to answer a health mystery that I had assumed could have come through the Howe line, but when I read your post tonight indicating you had  matched a descendant of Henrietta, I feel we have made great progress.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Shay McNeal

Dear Shay and previous respondents,

Thank you for your replies. Shay - I am sorry about your malady. I will provide more details later. I will also forward your message to Julian T-W, the descendant whom I had mentioned.

Yes, certainly Ann Howe Pearis is described in “Listen to the Mockingbird” by DD Howe (1968). I am finding more evidence of the paternity of our ancestor Joseph Howe - by having found a triangulated group consisting of Julian, a descendant of Henrietta Howe (b1704) and 3-4 American Howe’s who descend through his daughter Rebecca Howe Day, possibly Eleanor Howe Cornelius, and another unacknowledged daughter (listed as daughter of a neighbor of Joseph, James Hoge and Agnes Crawford).

Stay - do you have a GEDMatch kit number? It would also help if you could join MyHeritage. Others- I will use your GEDMatch numbers supplied and reply soon.

Kind regards,

Thomas
(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php