Author Topic: A crease or two and a blob  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A crease or two and a blob
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 February 11 17:04 GMT (UK) »
A quick one from me.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline rsinbad

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 February 11 17:57 GMT (UK) »
one from me
GUIDE FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SCANNER BED IS CLEAN AND SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM.

If you would like a coloured version, details such as hair colour , eyes and clothing etc.  if known  would be helpful to restorers

Regards Roy

Offline joboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 February 11 19:43 GMT (UK) »
You've all done a great job .......... I am delighted to say the very least ........ and also your interest in the photo.
Her young husband was,at the time,an apprentice electrician with NSW Railways and no doubt he set up the electrical switch for the light that was on the mantleshelf.
He was also an amateur photographer and would 'fiddle' for ages to get the light and pose just right.
The decanter is one of a pair that have been in the family for probably four generations.... my daughter has them now.
Granny had long hair and I shall post a photo of her as a teenager so that you can wave your magic wands and overcome the ravages of age that the photo has suffered.
Thank you all again,
Joe
Gill UK and Australia
Bell UK and Australia
Harding(e) Australia
Finch UK and Australia

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 28 February 11 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe...Please can you scan the next one at 300dpi with no compression please...this was a low 72dpi and pixelated quite badly on enlargement.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline HeatherLynne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 28 February 11 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant restores and so lovely and unusual to see informal photos from so long ago.  Beautiful  ;D
Rassell - South Hayling/Portsea/Chelsea,  Hellyer - Totnes/Islington,  Roots - Hackney,  Edden - St Pancras