Author Topic: Elizabeth Louise Stevens (nee Close)  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Kimmmie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Louise Stevens (nee Close)
« on: Monday 28 February 11 21:39 GMT (UK) »
My father was adopted and I am trying to find out more about his birth mother.  She was born Elizabeth Louise Close on 8th April 1921 and married Harold Stevens on 27th April 1940.  My father was born on 25th December 1943 and was given up for adoption not long after.  I do not know if she died in childbirth (or shortly after).  Can anyone help?

Offline rutht22000

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Louise Stevens (nee Close)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 February 11 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There is an Elizabeth L Close registered in June Quarter (covering an April birth) in St Olave, London, mother's maiden name Reeves.  Reference number for the birth certificate if you are thinking of getting it is 1d/309

It looks like her parents are Thomas William Close and Lilian Reeves, who married on 27 February 1910 at All Saints, Rotherhithe, London.   Thomas William Close, was 31 years of age, was a Tin Plate Worker, widowed at the time of marriage to Lilian, and son of a Labourer, William Edward Close.

Lilian was 22 and also a Widow.  Her father was Frederick Brody, a labourer, so she was born Lilian Brody.

Witnesses were Jane Alice Close and Henry Close.

Elizabeth Louise has one older brother that I can see Douglas Haig Close (1919 - 1986)

I can't see a death for her yet though
Jeacock
Colebourne
Shepherd
Scotter
Sievers
Knowles
Pritchard
Lilley
Hart/Hertz
Woodmansey
Monnington
Thomas (South Wales)
John (South Wales)
Pearce (South Wales)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 March 11 08:23 GMT (UK) »
it is conceivable that the lady mentioned may well be 89 and alive...especially if no death has been found...you have to understand the situation...born in 1921 june qtr
this lady marries in 1940 ....husband goes to fight in WW2....a son is born in 1943...may not be the husbands....son is adopted out.....she may be alive and I don`t think we should be actually naming her ...just in case...
Kimmie...might I suggest you make one more reply to this thread and then any member can PM you any details...........allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Kimmmie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Allan - I see your point.