Author Topic: Andrew Anesbury & Margaret Bennett  (Read 9987 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Anesbury & Margaret Bennett
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 July 19 11:48 BST (UK) »

BDM South Australia birth
1871   ANSBURY   Charles Edwin   
parents Andrew ANSBURY / Margaret BENNETT   Burra   97/71

Great find Wivenhoe,  so they moved from Victoria to S.A,  but how did they get to Victoria?

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 July 19 12:26 BST (UK) »
1861 Census
George Ansbrey   80, Head, Widr, Ag Lab, born Lt Watren, Essex
Eliza Ansbrey, 44, Daug, Housekeeper
John Ansbrey, 36, Son, Ag Lab

George was buried 1 Mar 1863 age 83.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 26 July 19 02:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks all so far, if my notes are correct according to Ancestry there should be 3 more.
Will try and double check what we have so far.
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 26 July 19 03:03 BST (UK) »
Do you have the 1856 birth cert for Annie Letitia?  If so, what information does it give you about her parents?
For example
When and Where were they married?

See reply #10.   :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 26 July 19 03:10 BST (UK) »
Vic BDM

Margaret BENNETT and Andrew ANSBERY marriage registered 1855,  #2166.  This document should give you information about the respective parents of Margaret and of Andrew.  To me, if this was my family, it would be a 'must have' document. 

Any info on Andrew Anesbury and his wife Margaret Bennett, thier ancesters, children ect.
we only have info on one daughter Annie Letitia, she married a Thomas Brooks 08/july/1875 in Balalie S.Aust.

JM

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 26 July 19 03:24 BST (UK) »
Ann Letitia Anesbury married Thomas Brooks 8 July 1875, in Residence of Mr Brown, Balalie, S.A. daughter of Margaret Bennett.
Thomas Brooks, son of Joseph Brooks and Elizabeth Stokes.
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 26 July 19 03:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Your topic heading is for Andrew and Margaret, and I have posted the reference number for their 1855 marriage in Victoria. 

Do you have the image of that marriage registration?   

It should give you information about Andrew and about Margaret (when and where born) and about their respective parents - if you have the image of that marriage cert, please consider sharing the info on it so that all the RChatters helping on this thread can have confidence in the info they are posting. 

JM

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 26 July 19 04:34 BST (UK) »
This is the difficulty I'm having, I'm unable to find any cert. online but other Anesbury and Brooks researchers  have Andrew Anesbury born in Essex 1824 and marrying a Margaret Ann Bennett in Melbourne 15 SEP. 1855. She was born in Torkay, Devonshire. Born 1834
I think Andrew arrived in Australia on board the Amazon. They may have met on the ship coming over.
Frustrating.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 26 July 19 04:43 BST (UK) »
Martin,  I am sure you have read, over the years, from many an RChatter on the Australia Board when helping on your threads there and on the Scottish Board too, about the value of getting the actual document rather than relying on what you can read online.

This is the difficulty I'm having, I'm unable to find any cert. online but other Anesbury and Brooks researchers  have Andrew Anesbury born in Essex 1824 and marrying a Margaret Ann Bennett in Melbourne 15 SEP. 1855. She was born in Torkay, Devonshire. Born 1834
I think Andrew arrived in Australia on board the Amazon. They may have met on the ship coming over.
Frustrating.

Actual images of both the 1855 marriage certificate and the 1856 birth certificate are both available to download immediately from the Victorian BDM via their online purchase option.  They will cost you $24.50 each.   

https://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/research-and-family-history/search-your-family-history

It is often wise to actually obtain the actual image of the record rather than rely on what you can see online from other people's trees.   The image that you can download from Vic BDM for that 1855 marriage should be a serious contender for a MUST HAVE document.  It will have first hand information that both Andrew and Margaret provided to the clergyman who married them.   Victoria's BDM certificates are very very detailed, and are reknown throughout the family history communities around the world as being among the most informative documents - as good as Scottish documents -  and so much more detailed than say South Australia's BDM records.

JM