Author Topic: If you don't know how to post an image...  (Read 13156 times)

Offline Quiller

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: If you don't know how to post an image...
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 November 06 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Cliffe, Oakes, Foxley, King, (Cheshire) Hoffman, Brough, (Hull) Tutin, Raynor, (Nottingham)

Offline Lauraine

• RootsChat Senior
  • Due to health issues can no longer look at graves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 November 06 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Quiller: 

Obviously Paddo's photo did not come through. ???  See you are on-line, so wondering if you know if one can download photos using Photobucket to this forum?

It is a free program in N.Ameria and very easy to use.  Will do thumbnails which when clicked enlarge on the Worldstart Forum.  Would simply my life greatly if that were possible.  Do you know?? Thx

Lauraine
Researching Smith from Shetland, Herd from Arboath, Whittier, Combs from England & Wales plus Albrecht (Albright), Carkner (Kirchner) & Syrnyk (Syrnick) from Prussia. Laurenson in South Africa

Offline Lauraine

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 November 06 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone!

;D ;D Yes, yes yes - got it.  Now just need to find a way to reduce the size of my photos.  If I could get that flag under my name would be great too??  Do I just go to Profile & edit? 

Lauraine
Researching Smith from Shetland, Herd from Arboath, Whittier, Combs from England & Wales plus Albrecht (Albright), Carkner (Kirchner) & Syrnyk (Syrnick) from Prussia. Laurenson in South Africa

Offline Lauraine

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 November 06 21:40 GMT (UK) »
The link's not working! Could someone tell me how to post pictures?

---

I've worked  it out now!

Thanks.

Hi Paul:  Could you tell me what that is across the subject's shoulder?  It looks like leather or? with small pockets?  Thx

Lauraine

Offline SevenThree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 January 07 14:35 GMT (UK) »

Hi Paul:  Could you tell me what that is across the subject's shoulder?  It looks like leather or? with small pockets?  Thx

Lauraine

Hi Lauraine,

It's a Bandolier -  Shoulder belt with cartridge loops or ammunition pouches attached.

Best wishes

7/3
Tyrone/Dungannon: Sally, McSherry, Fitzgerald
Lanark/Coatbridge: Sally, McSherry, Fitzgerald
Kildare/Newbridge: Barnes/Barden, Carroll, Cummins, Doyle, Keefe, Mulqueeny, Norton

Offline Indaloman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 March 07 19:00 GMT (UK) »
If you are not sure how to post an image, or how to resize it after you have scanned it. Check Berlin Bobs excelent tutorial on posting pictures etc.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,117630.0.html

Topic: Adding images to Posting & Profiles #2
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,130922.0.html
Folk are still mixing up the physical size of a photo they want restored with RESOLUTION, please see the above link and that will help the restorers help you
Knight (Nottingham & Hants) Hancock, (Kent) , Hancox (Warwickshire), Linneys (Hants) Brothers (Langford, Beds,East London), Bridgers (East London)

Other restorers please feel free to use my work if wished

Offline Shazbaz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 August 23 07:40 BST (UK) »
This is a photo of my grandad in the middle, I just needed to turn my phone sideways and then I could view the attachment box 😊 hope it's worked
Ps if you scroll from side to side on the photo you can see the colourized version