Author Topic: Certificate of Education Royal artillery  (Read 2592 times)

Offline daisy3

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Certificate of Education Royal artillery
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 March 11 22:46 GMT (UK) »
That is fantastic, yes it is certainly my grandfather, all of the information that you have given me is on his account book, apart from "unfit for further service", can you tell me if a service record would be more detailed than an account book.

Daisy

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 March 11 22:53 GMT (UK) »
not really,,,,there are 9 pages ,,2 are duplicated,,,doesnt really tell you exactly where he served ,,,couple of pages of medical records,,,vaccination record,,physical description,,,record of promotion,military history sheet which tells you where served and medals awarded and next of kin...pretty basic stuff.... ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline daisy3

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 March 11 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all your help, i will check out Find My Past. I have hit the brick wall with this side of the family, so any snippets i can find helps to fill in the picture.

Regards Daisy