Author Topic: Lawrie Family History  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Steve Johnson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lawrie Family History
« on: Wednesday 02 March 11 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Samuel William Lawrie married Euphemia Lee Paxton March 4th/1869 in Edinburgh and they had children: Sam, Harry, Nancy, Douglas, Robert, and Jack. Robert Hardie Lawrie (1888-1966) married Gertrude Shouldice and they had three children:Margret, Jean, and Ida. Jean Paxton Lawrie married Len Johnson and they had: Lawrie, Steve(myself) and Roy.
If anyone has information of relatives still in Scotland - Selkirk I would be interested.
thanks steve

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrie Family History
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Steve

My son is a decendant.  You have to make 3 postings before we can correspond.  I have made up a fairly extensive tree along with supporting documentation.  My mother in law has Lawrie as her middle name.

I was in touch with Henry Richardson Lawrie in Canada, until his recent passing.
If you go to:

http://www.eckford.org.uk/

If you look in the box on the right hand side you'll see an article which I've contributed, regarding Samuels father, the 'original' Henry Richardson Lawrie.

I look forward to hearing from you.  Regards - Steve (also)  :)

Offline Steve Johnson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Morning,
My mother (Jean Paxton Johnson ne Lawrie) and my wife and I are headed to Scotland in April and we are interested to meet someone from Samuel William Lawrie or Euphemia Lee Paxton's family if possible. I have Henry as living in Calgary and working for Price Waterhouse @ the Esso Plaza. I believe his father was David and his grandfather was Harry.
Harry would be a brother to my grandfather , Robert Hardy Lawrie who passed away in 1966 in Calgary.
Take Care
Steve

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Steve

You've definitely got the correct family.  If you post a reply that'll be you're 3 messages, then I can send you my e-mail address via the message facility on here.  FYI - if you use the search facility on here you'll find where I've been searching for the Lawries.  They're a notoriously difficult branch to follow.....  :)

I've a photo of your grandfather RH Lawrie and his brother HR Lawrie taken in 1955.  Have also a photo - good quality of Euphemia Lee Paxton taken about 1911 with her grand-daughter Euphemia Lee Paxton Turner.  Have copies of a couple of Lawrie wills and a mass of bmds and census records....  Almost forgot - have a photo of Euphemia Lee Paxton and Samuel William lawrie along with a couple of their boys.

Do you have a copy of 'Trails to Little Corner' - there's an article in there which details 'our' Lawries in Canada....

That's all for now....

Regards,  Steve  :)

Am away now - shall be back online in about 10 - 11 hours.....

Offline Steve Johnson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 March 11 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Morning Steve, This is Steve here,
Maybe a little bit about myself. I was born in Claresholm , Alberta in 1953 and grew up in Stavely off  and on. My father Len Johnson was a truck driver for Trimac in Calgary until 1969 when his father, Fred Johnson, passed away and we operated the service station and farmed just east of Stavely. I married Peggy Ellen Nelson in the fall of 1974 and we moved to the Peace Country. We ranch south of Fairview and have three children and six grand children. I joined the local masonic group and became secretary where I found out that Sam and Betty Lawrie(from Hussar) lived here. He ran the Gem Theater and played the organ/piano in the United Church and Betty taught school. Small world!
That is enough for now, but I like the way this is going.
God Bless
Steve