Author Topic: Locations in Yaxley,  (Read 6738 times)

Offline 2944

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Locations in Yaxley,
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 December 11 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sadie,
I also have Robinett relatives from Yaxley, my G. Grandmother was Emma Robinett and lived on Church Street.

Offline sadiemc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 December 11 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It is good to hear from you.

My grandfather was Leonard  and my gt grandfather Arthur and gt gt grandfather Thomas.

Are you locallly born?
Robinett, Semmence, McMullon, Innes, Thompson, Howie, Stratton, Trobe, Margetson, Whittingham, Newell, Knock,

Offline 2944

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 December 11 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sadie,

I do have a Thomas Robinett b.1839 in Yaxley, he is the brother of my g.g.grandmother Charlotte b.1837 Their parents were James b.1809 and Patience Robinett nee Pettifor b.1801

There are other siblings.

I was born in London, spent many holidays and visits to my g.granny in Yaxley and then my grandad and nanny retired to his family home on Church Street. I have always loved being there, and when I was eight I wrote a poem about Yaxley and left it at St. Peter's Church.

I now live in Canada, and this year we made a trip to England and to Yaxley, spent some time walking around the church and the cemetary and around the village. It's a wonderful place.

That is interesting about the cottages on Main Street being called 'Streatham' - as I lived in Streatham in London.

There is also a house on Main Street, called 'Olive House' near the corner of Church Street, which is connected to my family. I am also connected to the Smiths and Marriott's.

Maddy (2944)