Author Topic: Saunders marriages  (Read 3140 times)

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Saunders marriages
« on: Wednesday 02 March 11 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi all i have info on my ggg Grans family and im hoping to try and shed a bit more light on her fathers and mothers side if poss !
Her name was Charlotte Agnes Saunders born 4th quarter of 1864 in Abergaveny
Her parents were John Saunders and Jane Jones they married 1st quarter of 1864 in Abergaveny
Does anyone have any info on Janes family?
I know Johns parents were
Thomas Saunders born abt 1818 Crickhowell
He went on to marry in 1839 to a Mary born abt 1814 in Newcastle Emilyn Carmathanshire
Thats the other mystery can anyone help me solve who Mary was id love to know what her surname was before her marriage?
Im not holding out much hope of any further info on Jane Jones family as i realise researching Jones is a mare to say the least but if anyone does have any advice or info id really appreciate it
many thanks
Dunc

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Saunders marriages
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Easy enough on Free BMD  :)
Marrriage Dec qtr 1839
SAUNDERS  John     Crickhowell  26 445   
WILLIAMS  Mary     Crickhowell  26 445 

Her parents were John Saunders and Jane Jones they married 1st quarter of 1864 in Abergaveny
If you get the marriage certificate it should give both fathers names and occupations, then you can get further back. 
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks alot for that wilcoxon much appreciated
Looking back thru some old notes i didnt realise i had John and Mary on 1841 census living at Worcester street Brymaur Breconshireand and also with them was a William Williams born in county in 1796 it doesnt say what relation he is but now i know Mary was a Williams he must be a relation of hers?
When i get some spare cash ill have to get copy of John and Marys marriage and see if he may even be her father,thanks again for taking the time out to do a look up for me i had no idea untill your help today what Marys surname was,thanks again
Dunc

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 17:22 GMT (UK) »
OOps, I`ve just spotted I gave the marriage of a JOHN Saunders in 1839, but you are after Thomas Saunders born abt 1818 Crickhowell

I`ll try again. :)
Marriage Free BMD
Thomas Saunders Sept qtr 1839  Crickhowell, two Marys on the same page,
Mary Lewelyn and Mary Thomas.

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wilcoxon
 im thinking as theres 2 Saunders marriages in crickhowell in 1839 maybe they are brothers?
Am i right in strill thinking  that John Saunders did marry a Jane Jones in 1864?
Also one last thing(sorry to be a pain!) is the only way to find out who Thomas wife Mary was before she married i.e a Lewelyn or Thomas to buy the marriage cert?
Thanks again for all your time spent researching info
Dunc

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 March 11 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Marriages Dec 1863
Jones  Jane     Abergavenny  11a 95   
Saunders  John     Abergavenny  11a 95

If the marriages were in 1839, it`s unlikely you`ll find them together in 1841.

If you  have any idea which parish they may have been married in then you can search the Church registers for free at a Records Office, the details are exactly the same as the certificate.
If it was a civil marriage, Chapel, then you will have to pay for the certificate.

I  am from North Wales, so can`t help out on that. Parhaps you can get an idea which parish they were in from any census records you have.

There always a chance there are some wills, just a search for Saunders  gives 133 results, even if the names shown are not yours it`s worth looking through  any that seem to be the right area for sons or daughter mentioned.
http://www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=searcharchivaldatabases
Good Luck.

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 March 11 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Wilcoxon for reply i'll definately spend some time looking for Thomas Saunders and hopefully find his wife Mary's surname i'd hate to start researching the wrong family again! Thanks so much for your time and help,Dunc