Author Topic: John BENT - Tasmania  (Read 3016 times)

Offline GeorgeRP

• RootsChat Member
  • Proud Australian
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED* Re: John Bent - Tasmania
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 March 11 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank-you everyone for your help.

The members of Rootschat are certainly obliging in any request  I've made, and have been spot on with their research. They all know where to look, I suppose that comes with experience.

Thankyou

George
Vincent - Tasmania - Victoria - Australia
Polson - Tasmania - Australia
Broad - Tasmania - Australia

Offline sarahb23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John BENT - Tasmania
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 January 24 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi George, hopefully you’ll see this! I believe I am John & Alice’s (Alison’s) great great grand daughter. I’d love to know if you found any further information on John’s parents, I am currently trying to trace back John and Alice’s parents.
From my research I’m not sure where John ended up post war, my grand father was told he passed in 1915, however, records indicate he came home in 1917.
I believe John and Alice were married in 1910 and his middle name was Gooduder - according to war memorial records. 

Offline sarahb23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John BENT - Tasmania
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 January 24 11:56 GMT (UK) »
To further expand my previous reply, I am Beryl French’s (nee Bent, buried at Wivenhoe Cemetry) great grand daughter.  Beryl and John (known as Jack) were Alice (known as Alison) and John Bents 2 children, but I was unaware and haven’t found any information about a third child. This would be great to know information about, if available. I look forward to your reply!  :)