Author Topic: Krisesjoint: 3165 Not Out!  (Read 1572 times)

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Krisesjoint: 3165 Not Out!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 April 05 13:23 BST (UK) »
A brilliant achievement Kris!

and now your a mod as well,it must make you the Queen of Rootschat for sure :)

All the best,mickey m ;)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 April 05 13:31 BST (UK) »
Well done Krisesjoint - feat of real endurance, like climbing Everest. Do you now become a Marchioness [or something like that]?
 8)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 April 05 22:09 BST (UK) »
Thank You for the kind words everybody. It means a lot. Gee I remember well the day I joined Rootschat. I came upon something that I knew the answer to. I had never been involved in a genealogy forum in the past and thought this looks great I will join. I signed on but every time I went to reply it wouldn't let me. After 2 days of trying to reply I remember spitting it and emailing Trystan saying "I give up." Well Trystan sorted it out and the next day I  made my first Post.

I saw I was a pioneer and though "Oh How Cute" In a few posts I noticed I had gained a Star but had lost my cute Pioneer Status to become an extra. I remember thinking "What is an extra....don't really like the sound of that-Boo Hoo my Pioneer was so Cute and now its gone" I saw others with different statuses and wondered how one achieved them. I saw those who were Members and Seniors etc and wondered how one got to be a member instead of an extra. I did a bit of searching and found I needed to reach 100 posts to become a member. I remember looking at the amount of posts Chris and Rootschat had and thinking to myself "How do they do it (I think Chris had nearly 1,500 posts at that time) I will never in my wildest dreams achieve anything like that"

I remember clearly thinking "I will never achieve anything as staggering as that but I have to get rid of this extra and become (In My Mind) a real member" and off I went on my journey in Rootschat on the road to 100 posts. It seemed to take forever to get there and I remember the times I thought I would never make it. The day the clock struck 100 and finally my goal was achieved and I was finally a member I was over the moon. That was the day I decided I don't care if I never achieve another milestone in Rootschat at least the day has arrived and I am now a Member. I can feel pleased with myself for that. Well I just kept posting and from there on the Milestones just flew by.

It has been a real pleasure to know that I am helping others especially when I find an obscure entry and really know I have just solved a Long Standing Mystery for somebody. I think that is the greatest pleasure for any lookup volunteer. That and a nice word of thanks from the person you have helped of course.

Thank you one and all for the kind thoughts and words. They mean a lot to me. Now my next challenge lies ahead. I thank Trystan and Sarah for having the faith in me to invite me to become a Moderator. I feel very honored and I shall try to do the best job I can at. To all of you out there just keep going ...Keep posting ....you are all doing a great job....keep helping people you just never know where your journey will take you unless you keep travelling down the road. One day you to may be sitting back wondering how on earth you reached 3,000 posts.

All the best to you all........Kris  :D

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kevwood

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • my little man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 22 April 05 00:06 BST (UK) »
Kris you are an absolute star, I would never have gotten into this site or genealogy without you , you helped me so much to start off with and now i am starting (in my own little way) to help others. I am sure this is the case for many other rootschatters. You are and will always be the the best. ;D And it should be rootschat GODDESS

Kev.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

wood,west,williams,morgan,sollars,hawker,snell,roach,clark,symons. In bristol,fremington,instow,rhymney,colyton