Author Topic: Herbert VEASEY Shepton Mallet  (Read 7040 times)

Offline reginkent

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert VEASEY Shepton Mallet
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 05 June 11 18:00 BST (UK) »
Chris, I don't know if this will help, but it seems to be a strange coincidence my grandad was born in 1881  Herbert Veasey and married a Margret Rees in 1905.   If you want any information to check this out visit my sisters web site Uridge/Euridge one name studies I think you will find that helpful, Shepton Mallet is the only sticking point as she makes no mention of it but it is close to Yeovil, but perhaps you know something we don't.

Offline Chris 71

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 05 June 11 19:25 BST (UK) »
 :)Hi Reg, yes it is the same one. Herbert was my great grandfather and his daughter Annie was of course my gran. I do have a lot of info on the family and I did have contact with Teresa but she never got back in touch. Her mother Kathleen was my grandma's sister. If you want to swop info yourself with me I am happy to do that.
Chris

Offline reginkent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 05 June 11 19:49 BST (UK) »
Teresa has a few problems at the moment, her,  our mum (Kay) is very ill  and has to go to Birmingham frequently, so she has not a lot of spare time,  I'm sure she will get back to you.  Meanwhile have you checked out the CHANT side my (Aunt Gwen) there is a large family there still in Yeovil. and the "Dukes" (my aunt Margret) they emigrated to Australia back in the 50s

Offline Chris 71

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 05 June 11 22:27 BST (UK) »
Derek Chant was my uncle (my mum's sister Irene married him) and I know she lives in Yeovil but we lost touch so I am not sure where. I don't know anything about the 'Dukes'. I haven't been in touch with Teresa for quite a while. I sent her some info but had no reply but as you say she may be busy. I would like to hear from her though so if you speak to her please ask her to get in touch.

Offline reginkent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 05 June 11 23:00 BST (UK) »
Mervyn & Jackie I have their phone and address contact me direct (*) and I will see if they want me to give it to you, (I must respect their privacy).   I will ask Tereasa to get in touch

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Note: New members need to make 3 postings before the PM system is fully functional

For Information on How to Send a PM

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline teresapask

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 01 July 11 06:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris
Do get in touch with me again through the website. Your grandfather's details are on the Uridge One-Name Study website http://www.uridge.org/Euridge_Uridge-p/p8.htm#i185.
Teresa Pask née Euridge
EURIDGE, URIDGE with all variants anywhere, PASK, PASKE, PASQUE with all variants Pa(r)s(k)(e)(que) anywhere. I have been researching my own, and my husband's family since 1980. We are both members of the Guild of One-Name Studies (GOONS).

Offline Chris 71

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 01 July 11 12:59 BST (UK) »
Can't find how to contact you, can you send me a pm?

Offline teresapask

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 01 July 11 14:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Chris
I don't have PM facilities yet. However if you look at the Guild of One-Name Studies website, and look for my profile http://www.one-name.org/profiles/uridge.html. All contact details are provided there.

Alternatively look at my website www.uridge.org, at the bottom of the page there is a hyperlink Teresa Pask, this will send an e-mail to me.
Best regards
Teresa
EURIDGE, URIDGE with all variants anywhere, PASK, PASKE, PASQUE with all variants Pa(r)s(k)(e)(que) anywhere. I have been researching my own, and my husband's family since 1980. We are both members of the Guild of One-Name Studies (GOONS).

Offline Chris 71

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 01 July 11 14:24 BST (UK) »
sending you email