Author Topic: Simpson Hill Maternity Home Heywood  (Read 8796 times)

Offline Digas1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Simpson Hill Maternity Home Heywood
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Naibr,

Thanks for your reply.  I am still interested and would like to know if the building is still there and where it is.  If so what is it used for and if not where did the records go?

Regards,

Diane
Hollingshead (Derby), Kelly (Liverpool), Thomas (St Helena), Gaskell (Pemberton)

Offline sylvieboots

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 December 13 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I am very interested in finding out more about this Maternity Home, particularly in the 1950s but anytime is of interest to me, as are any stories or recollections related to it.

Many thanks in advance.

Offline msbinx

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 February 24 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi all. I have been trying to learn the address/location of Simpson Hill Maternity Home Heywood and see that username dingdong recalls visiting it.  Your help would be very appreciated.

The path of research that I have been following has been that of Rev. Rathbone Hartley and his mother; since their family home was donated for the Maternity Home's use.  The 1881 census has them living in Castleton parish which was a short distance from All Soul's Parish Church where he ministered.

Newspapers . com has an advertisement for a maternity home that was on Green Lane which appears to now be Heywood Court Care Home.

Such a puzzle in 2024 for such a place of note.

Thank you in advance!