Author Topic: There's Hope yet~  (Read 1761 times)

Offline liverbird09

• RootsChat Veteran
  • socken
    • View Profile
There's Hope yet~
« on: Friday 11 March 11 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I'm on a mission again to try to crack this brickwall. I have a Charles Hibbert lived in Chester, born c1798 died1839 aged 42, therefore he is not on any census. I don't have a county of birth. I do have a marriage 1824 to Ann Wilkinson and she appears on 1841 King St Chester with a son Thomas. I have all the census on this family but have got no further back with Charles, despite having sent for his death cert which didn't help with his parentage.
I have wondered  :-\ about this couple being his parents: 1851 Hoole Chester
Thomas Hibbert aged 75 b Hoole
Elizabeth   "       aged 77 b Hope Flintshire

I think this is them in 1841 Hoole
Thomas Hibbert aged 60 Ag Lab
Elizabeth  "        aged 65
Charles     "        aged 20
Is there a chance that this couple married in Hope Flint  and had a son Charles b1798? Would really appreciate any help. Thanks

Offline taidgazacaz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: There's Hope yet~
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 March 11 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Cheshire Parish Registers collection on Family Search:-

Baptism, Plemonstall - 5th November 1797, father J. Hibbert.

Regarding the 1841 & 1851 families, the are likely to be the same family, as the ages would have been rounded down in 1841. However, if your Charles died in 1839, how likely is it that they would have another son of the same name, born when the other was still alive?

The same collection shows a baptism at Over,Cheshire, 27 May 1818, father Thomas, mother Sarah. This could be the 1841 family, Sarah having died and Elizabeth being Thomas' second wife.

There's a buriel of a Sarah Hibbert, age 27, at Marple, 16th April 1828.

All this is just theory - make of it what you will.

Sorry, forgot to add that both baptisms were for a Charles Hibbert.
Savage, Hoskins, Wigley, Edwards, German, Jacks

Offline liverbird09

• RootsChat Veteran
  • socken
    • View Profile
Re: There's Hope yet~
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 March 11 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks taidgazacaz,
I will have to look again at familysearch, I hadn't noticed that one with father J. Hibbert mentioned.

You are right of course, regarding the improbability of them having 2 sons named Charles but the 1841 doesn't give the relationship of the younger Charles. :-\

I will give your other suggestion some thought, all help at this stage is worth considering and may lead to a breakthrough.