Author Topic: William Cornett  (Read 3621 times)

Offline JayG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Cornett
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 March 11 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, that's the family I found on the 1901 census.

They appear to be still in England in 1911 as they are on the census.

It's against the T&c's to post details from the 1911 census but you can access it (for a fee) on FindMyPast.

The family must of gone to Canada soon after the census as widow Jane remarries in Ontario in 1912!

Jay

Offline tommyf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 March 11 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Jay you are the man!!  That is the correct william Cornett.  I'm trying to find out what really happened to William.  As stated earlier family legend says he died at sea or in San Francisco around 1905.  Maybe he jumped ship but unable to find anything either way.  I have 4 sets of grandparents that I'm trying to find out about,  I find it very interesting research.  Once again thanks for your help. From frozen Winnipeg  Tommyf

Offline JayG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 March 11 21:05 GMT (UK) »
I know how annoying it is when you 'loose' someone.

It took a good 5+ years to find the death of a 4 x great grandfather who I assumed had died at sea as I couldn't find a death in the area he lived & he only appeared on one census with his wife.  It turned out he died in Greenwich, many miles away from his native North East home, he's taken ill onboard the ship he was on & it docked there.

Hope you manage to find William!

Have you thought about putting a thread on the US boards to see if anyone has access to San Francisco deaths, that way you could rule that out & look for other options.

Oh one last thing, there's a couple of tree on Ancestry that have the Cornett family (sadly nothing on William), not sure if you've seen them or maybe one is yours.  They have a couple of photos of Jane Simpson & her parents etc, also one of Dora Cornett.

Happy hunting

Cheers
Jay

Offline jonaris

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 22:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Tommy my Great,great grandfathers brother was William Cornet so we have a connection.

Offline Sheilaph420

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 January 23 03:28 GMT (UK) »
My Grandmother was Dora Cornett, she died in 1978 in Toronto Canada,her married name was Fisher..My father Alan Cornett Fisher was her only child She had 3 grandchildren Stephen Fisher,Elizabeth Pelleschi andSheila Phillips….her sisters were Violet Tyrell and Ella? Dora was a gifted violinist and painter..Her husband Arthur Fisher was a noted singer in Toronto. We have always wondered what happened to William..I once saw a historical plaque on a Pier in San Francisco with his name on it but I didn’t have a camera with me and have not been able to find it again..I have always wondered if he just decided to stay there