Author Topic: wantling medway  (Read 11407 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: wantling medway
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Kymsteph,
I am not related to the Family at all unfortunately. I was just trying to help John and was pleased to welcome you to this thread.
Photos/documents I wish I was related to these Families  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Patty Sue

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 26 March 19 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi, no idea if you still post on here, but I have just found out I am related to Charles Yalden through his daughter Fanny. It would be nice to find out more. Thanks

Offline Pete the Historian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 17:42 BST (UK) »
I don't know if JOHN YP is still interested in the athlete James Wantling. If so, I can help with information about his later years and change of name. He lived until 1869, not 1857, which explains the children born after 1857.

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 18:48 BST (UK) »
First, a warm welcome to Rootschat.
Blasts from the past are an opportunity to compare the information available at the time against what's come on line since. If only The Staffordshire Sentinel and Commercial and General Advertiser, 31 July 1869, had been available 10 years ago.

Offline Pete the Historian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 21 April 21 06:37 BST (UK) »
Yes, and if anyone in the family wants to know more about JW's running career, there are two articles from twentieth century sports magazines that add more context - too much to quote here. They are not online. Britain's First Great Sprinter - James 'Jem' Wantling, by Dave Terry, appeared in Athletics Weekly on 2.01.1965 and The Running Career of James Wantling, by John Goulstone, was in Sports Quarterly Magazine, No. 13, in 1980.