Author Topic: Rudge family in Bristol, England  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Cherbeck

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Rudge family in Bristol, England
« on: Wednesday 09 June 04 12:58 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this will work or not, I am new to this, My name is Carin Herbeck and I am looking for family in the Bristol area.  My grandfather Charles Henry Rudge was born in Brisotl, England and at the age of 17 he moved to the United States all the rest of his family is still in England.  Grandpa had several sibblings and the only one I know of is his sister Marion who married  Frank Bradley and they had two sons, Roy and Pete.  My Aunt use to keep in touch with Marion but she stopped years ago before I became interested in finding family over there. Charles parents were Henry and Fanny Rudge.  If anyone could give me some suggestions on how to go about finding family in todays time would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Carin (Rudge) Herbeck

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re:Rudge family in Bristol, England
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 June 04 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Carin,

And welcome to Rootschat.  :D

Do you know your Grandfather's date of birth?  The first thing I would say you need to do is find out as much as you can about him,  his birth certificate would help.

Than you could work backwards to pin down his parents and therefore have a good chance of finding their children and descendants.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Cherbeck

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Rudge family in Bristol, England
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 June 04 14:13 BST (UK) »
Kazza,

Thank you for responding to my post.  Yes I have Grandpa Rudges dob, I have his parents marriage cert. and Grandpas sibblings, but what I am looking for now is someone in today time that I could get other family information about the rest of the family.  With all of grandpas family remaining in Bristol England they should be able to answer any questions for me.  Now I need to find Pete or Roy Bradley is still alive or their children.  If you could give me any helpful hints in doing this it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you again.

Carin