Author Topic: Victoria Birth and marriage look up Please  (Read 7647 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria Birth and marriage look up Please
« Reply #18 on: Friday 18 March 11 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Jan , you mentioned at the outset you were interested in the family of ANNIE JEVERS.

Because of the similarity in J and I in old script, it is best to search both JEVERS and IEVERS.
ANNIE’s parents married in 1862
HERBERT JEVERS to Mary Jane CURTIN. 1862. #257.

From 1863 there were eight births to the couple including ANNIE , in the Nerring /Eaglehawk district.

HERBERT died.
IEVERS Herbert. Father COLLIER. Mother Amelia KEARNEY. Aged 38. At Arma. 1878. #11000
He left a will [digitised]

Mary remarried. Her will [digitised]shows she had quite a lot of land. Herbert’s will also shows he was a landholder. He  is listed as a miner.
Marriage
JEVERS, Mary. To LEATHART Henry. In 1881. # 991.

He was born in NZ. (Reg. 594 Auckland in 1852) and may have come with his family as unassisted  immigrants in 1853.
This couple had 3 children from 1882 in Kerang.

Mary died
LEATHART Mary. Father Robert CURTIN . Mother Mary FOLEY. Aged 73. At Kerang. 1916. # 14771
She left a will[digitized]

Henry died
LEATHART. Father Francis Owen. Mother Harriet BOURNE. Aged 80. At Kerang.1933 # 14395.

Some of this may be off the track and down the twigs a bit.
May be of interest at some stage!

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 18 March 11 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cando, long time - its nice to hear from you  ;) I thought I was doing it wrong on the PROV site but I wasnt, I ordered 3 items but only one of them had a "View digitised copy" button - I managed to view the 19 page document for Joseph's wife Margaret Hayes but not his or his daughter in law Annie.

Hi Sue, thanks for the Info on Annies family. (and for the pics, they're fab!)

Just for interest the name Nimmitabel comes from the place where Joseph's parents Samuel & Phoebe and his siblings settled in NSW after they landed in 1848.

Cheers to all  :-*
Jan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 20 March 11 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Instead of starting another thread, I thought I'd tag this one on this post.

Margaret Amy Hannah daughter of Anna Geraldine Elizabeth Jevers (or Ievers or Levers) and Robert Hannah born 1887 Kerang, Victoria.

The only other thing I can find on her is that she was on ships passenger lists with Anna and her 2nd husband William in 1907 to and from London aged 16.  Can anyone find a marriage/and or Death for her please? She was listed as Amy Tivey on the manifests.
Cheers
Jan :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 21 March 11 07:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,
Apart from her birth (with its correct date, unlike the shipping detail) which was given in relply #1, I do not see anything else about MARGAET AMY HANNAH.

There may be other chatters who can spot her. ???

Here is the death of ANNA TIVEY

TIVEY Anna Georgina Elizth
Father Ievers Wm
Mother Elizth  CURTAIN
Place KEW
Age 87
Year 1953
*Reg  11184

If the informant on a death certificate has accurate knowledge, there can be very useful and extensive information on them. One of ANNIE's daughters was still living when ANNIE died (JANET) so she may have been consulted in the completion of the certificate.

Ordering it may fill in some gaps for you.

This is a summary of what you may find

http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

This link will lead you to the procedure for the  instant  downlaod of uncertified certificates to your computer.

The cost is $18 Aust.

The reg which you will need, is given in my details *

http://online.justice.vic.gov.au/CA2574F700805DE7/page/Family+history?OpenDocument&1=60-Family+history~&2=~&3=~

ANNIE was cremated at Springvale Cemetery.
You can browse their listings here.

http://www.deceasedsearch.com/index.php

When WILLIAM, her husband died in 1952, a newspaper notice referred to him as the husband of NAN TIVEY!!

They all seemed fond of nicknames and perhaps that is why I cannot locat MARGARET AMY.

Sue

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 21 March 11 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Big Thanks for that Sue.

I may purchase the certificate at a later date - ie when I get back to work and start earning proper pay instead of sick pay again  ;)

Brill that you can download the certs straight away - dont see why they cant offer this service over here  ::)

There is also the possibility that Margaret Amy settled abroad. From what I've been researching about this family so far, they liked to travel.

I found William & Anna on a trip to and from England in 1907 - Robert Hannah (son of Anna) was also on the trip to London but not on the return journey - he may have stayed here but I havent researched him yet. William & Anna married in Ballinderry, Ireland. Another trip!

William & Anna embarked on a European Tour when he retired. Then there's William & Anna's daughters - The first one Madge Charlotte Jevers Tivey first married Roy Pender, then moved to France, married and divorced again , then married the French Artist Francis Faucon and lived in Monaco where she was firstly the Royal family's translator then the lady in waiting  to none other than Grace Kelly (or Princess Grace of Monaco to give her her correct title!). She sold her memoirs and kicked up a stink on her retirement apparently!

Then there is the couple's other daughter, Moira Geraldine Hayes Tivey, she married John B Marco, a merchant, divorced him of the grounds of disertion then married Alan Holmes Muir or Bonnie Muir as he was known - apparently he was a world famous wrestler, she also lived in France and may have died there.
Colourful lives eh?

Cheers
Jan  :-* :-* :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 21 March 11 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Robert Hannah (son of Anna) was also on the trip to London but not on the return journey - he may have stayed here but I havent researched him yet. JAN

You may be right that he was away for a time, but he died in Australia ;D

HANNAH Robert Ievers
Father Robert
Mother Ann  IEVERS
Place IVAN         {=Ivanhoe}
Age 85
Year 1970
Reg, 28486

Sue

ADDING

You may  like interment details for ROBERT

At Fawkner Memorial Park
Robert Levers Hannah
Aged 85
Date 1/12/1970

*Interesting how the spelling problems crop up repeatedly. ;)

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 21 March 11 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sue (once again  ;) )

Don't you ever sleep ?  :o

Cheers
Jan  :-* :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 21 March 11 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Cando & Judi

I forgot to say

I tried again on the Prov site and got all three wills - I didnt click on the correct links previously (daft me sometimes)  ;D

So thanks for the tips, i have all three Wills now to add to my ever growing Tivey Document collection. :-*
Jan

TIVEY, WILDE,

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 21 March 11 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Marriage
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0cc1/

Marriage
8127/1926    
HANNAH Robert I
KEATS    Thora K  [This should be V]
District Woollahra

Australian Electoral Roll
Victoria   Wimmera/Kerang
1909, 1919, 1924
HANNAH Robert Ivers  Murrabit  Farmer

NSW Riverina/Moama  1926, 1936, 1943, 1949
HANNAH Robert Ieveers  Barham Station, Barham  Grazier
HANNAH Thora Violet  Barham Station, Barham  HD

I can't see either of them on the 1954 electoral roll.

Death
HANNAH Robert Ievers
Father Robert   Mother Ann  IEVERS
At Ivanhoe  85 years 1970  Reg#28486

http://www.fcmp.com.au/
Robert Levers HANNAH was cremated at Fawkner Cemetery and his ashes removed.  Date of service 1 Dec 1970

Death
HANNAH Thora Violet
Father Keats Thorold  Mother Jessie Eliza  CUMMING
At Ivanhoe  88 years  1976  Reg#26451

Probate Applications
http://scvprobate.com.au/probate/Search/ApplicationIndex.aspx

Probate (Will)   
HANNAH   Thora Violet               
Date of death 22 Oct 1976   

Probate (Will)   
HANNAH   Robert Ivers           
Date of death 28 Nov 1970