Author Topic: Fultons in Kilbarchan  (Read 29935 times)

Offline siouxsue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fultons in Kilbarchan
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 12:34 BST (UK) »

All queries cleared up now, thanks

Still only reached the James Fulton - Elizabeth McNeil tier of the tree, as we all seem to have, but here's hoping we may find out more at some point in the future.

Offline Joex6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 20:41 BST (UK) »
to siouxsue.     You are following exactly the same line as me,  as Robert Ralston Fulton is my grandad.   I think I have the answer to where Joseph (the one who married mary ann) was in  the 1881 census.  He shows up still in Largs aged 13 living with his grandmother Ellen Forrest 73 and her other grandson called James Murdoch.  It looks like the rest of the family went to Greenock but he stayed with his Granny.  regards Anne

Offline weemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 25 October 12 18:44 BST (UK) »
Margaret and Joseph where married 1869 or it could 1867 -  Joseph is 24 I think -  PM your email address and I can send you on a copy.

Margaret is missing from a family  census, can't remember which one , it seems she may have been in Jail at the time
Beaton Bethune, Campbell -  ROC
Mitchell Leslie - Aberdeen
Mackintosh, Anderson (Provost) -  Inverness
Boyle, Mckechnie, McPhail, Fulton  - Ireland, Greenock, Kilbrachan
Pearce, Curnoe/Curnow -  Cornwall
Patterson, Robson, Sloan, Campbell, Dixon, Wilson, Ritson, Hedley, Vipond, Coulson -  South Shields, Sunderland, Northumberland, Cumberland
Kitcheham/Kitchingham, Gage -  Kent

Offline weemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 25 October 12 18:49 BST (UK) »
anyone who is conected to me is welcome to PM their email address and I will send you an invite to my ancestry tree.

I wouldn't  reley on the census for ages, espically the 1841 census

Margaret and Joseph had 2 kids before they married  Elizabeth born 1863 and John B 1865
Patterson, Robson, Sloan, Campbell, Dixon, Wilson, Ritson, Hedley, Vipond, Coulson -  South Shields, Sunderland, Northumberland, Cumberland

Offline Joex6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 25 October 12 19:16 BST (UK) »
to wee mary;   I have the copy of margeret & joseph's wedding cert.   But I have to ask, how do you know Margaret was in Jail and do you know what  for?  regards, anne

Offline weemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 25 October 12 19:29 BST (UK) »
I have their wedding cert as well. 

I am not sure if Margaret was in Jail -  however I was given the following info by a guy who is doing a data base of all Forrests and this is what he found for me

There is a Margaret Fulton aged about 30 in Greenock Prison in the 1871 census. Could be your lass and would explain why we can't find her in 1871 with Joseph and children.

I can't find court case in the NAS records.   still to Check local newspaper archives, its where to start though

Offline weemary

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 25 October 12 21:03 BST (UK) »
Forgot to add Joseph the father was married 3 times. I have the marriage certs for Maria and Elizabeth, not for Sarah and Joseph

1. Sarah Moonie/Mooney
2. Maria Williamson -  1850
3. Elizabeth Robinson 1866

Offline siouxsue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 01 November 12 18:40 GMT (UK) »
to siouxsue.     You are following exactly the same line as me,  as Robert Ralston Fulton is my grandad.   I think I have the answer to where Joseph (the one who married mary ann) was in  the 1881 census.  He shows up still in Largs aged 13 living with his grandmother Ellen Forrest 73 and her other grandson called James Murdoch.  It looks like the rest of the family went to Greenock but he stayed with his Granny.  regards Anne

Anne,
Thank for your reply, I haven't been on here for a while so have only just seen it recently.

Yes, a short while after my initial post i also found Joseph living with Ellen in Largs, also with the James Murdoch.
I've tied up a few things in relation to the Fulton line but not got beyong James Fulton and Elizabeth McNeil unfortunately.

Thanks again

Offline siouxsue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 01 November 12 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary,

Thanks for your reply,

I have Joseph and Margarets Marriage cert, yes 1867 in Largs.

At the time i posted i had only been looking into the Fultons for a day or two and new to census lookups therefore the ages and dates etc where a bit confusing, lol
I've since tied up most of the queries i had then and filling out the tree branches and i find bits and pieces.
I've been doing all of my family at the same time so jumping from one line to another, so it's been a while since i looked at the Fulton line.

You mentioned Margaret being missing from a census, is this Margaret Forrest born c. 1842 in Largs and definitely the 1871 census where she would be approx 29 yrs old ?
I'm sure i have them all together in Greenock in 1871 ??
I may be getting confused as i said i havent looked over the Fulton lines for a few weeks but think Margaret and Joseph are together with 4 kids and Margarets sister also living with them at that time.