Author Topic: Complete Bertram Surname (Marriages, and Baptisms) Index for Scotland  (Read 10093 times)

Offline wo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Bertram Surname (Marriages, and Baptisms) Index for Scotland
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 April 12 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

I am very interested in the document you found giving the names of the grandchildren of William Bartram and Elizabeth Henderson. Although I had these names in my tree I now have you as another source for this information. I have traced myself back 10 generations from the  present to George Bertram/Bartram born in Glenholm who I think is your William Bartram’s brother or in fact half-brother.

Their father was William Bartram b about 1707 d 19 Oct 1777 married to Margaret Craig b 1724 died 29 April 1756. In 1755 the parish OPR says he went off with Agnes Cosbie and had Margret b 7 Oct 1755, Margrat b 1759 and William b 10 Jan 1760. I have a family document and tombstone information that indicates my George was also the son of William b 1707, but by Margaret Craig, making George and your William half-brothers.

However I cannot find any other source to confirm that George was the son of William, b 1707. I also have no information about this William, any siblings, although I think his father was Peter Bartram b ? d 30Oct 1739, and mother Hellen Mowatt b? d 30 Oct 1739. Have you any other information from your family records that might help.

Thanks
Janet
Bertram, Scotland, Peebles

Offline wo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Bertram Surname (Marriages, and Baptisms) Index for Scotland
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 May 12 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

William Bartram (b:abt. 1700-d: 1777) married to Helen Brotherstons, is my 6th great-grandfather.
William Bartram (b:abt. 1700-d: 1777) married to Agnes Cosbie, is Margaret Bartram's ( b:20 Aug. 1825) great grand-father.
I have the names of the 7 children of James Bartram & Margaret Haddow but not any information on their spouses or children.
I would like to share information with you. Would you please let me know if you are interested.

wo
Bertram, Scotland, Peebles