Author Topic: Corrigan family deaths Fernie BC  (Read 11913 times)

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
Re: Corrigan family deaths Fernie BC
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry

Thank you so much for this photo.  Unexpected photos are such a joy - I was overwhelmed last year when I received a photo of my great grandmother from a totally unexpected source.  It seems that I have luck with my mothers side of the family, but photos of my fathers side are much more difficult to find.  I have looked at Alice and Royal's data so often over the past few years, and now I can put a face to them.  Makes the family tree feel so much more real and personal. 

And how often do I feel that I have gone as far as I can with something - leave the "brick wall" behind, only to discover that it reappears when you least expect it! 

Have you done much research so far?  Any particular aspects u are eager to chase up?

Maggs
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline KerryMohondro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 09 August 12 01:37 BST (UK) »
You're welcome, Maggs!  I really haven't done much research at all, sadly.  I just recently had a conversation with some family members regarding the Ireland vs Scotland birthplace debate re Alice Corrigan, so started poking around and found this thread!  You'd done most of the work for me!

Thank you for sending the birth record for Alice Corrigan.  It was interesting to see her father (and most of the other fathers) listed as coal miners. Have you determined why it was that the family left Scotland?

Again, thanks for your help! Congrats on your 50 year Australian family celebration! Now I am curious on how they picked the locations (BC, Australia) to relocate their families!

Kerry 

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 09 August 12 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry,

Will pm you with a story I wrote in 2009 re the Carrigan side of the family.

Maggs
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline Guy Corrigan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 October 20 04:12 BST (UK) »
I came across this page looking back i my family history of the Corrigans in Fernie.  If I can be of any help, feel free to contact me.

Guy