Author Topic: King Crispin Inn Newgate Street Morpeth  (Read 9305 times)

Offline pityackafromblyth

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: King Crispin Inn Newgate Street Morpeth
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 March 11 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Michael, for the enlightening information.  Being a Northumbrian I was aware of the existence of Bedlingtonshire; also Norhamshire, and the Islandshire, and that they belonged to the Palatinate of Durham, the 'Land of the Prince Bishops.'  When I first came to this site I did notice what I thought were apparent discrepancies re the towns mentioned, but as they said in my home town,- "Fools and kids shouldn't see things half done." :'(

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 March 11 22:51 GMT (UK) »
I could be going to Morpeth tomorrow
Do you want a photo of the building as it stands today

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline KENBAKER

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 March 11 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Elizabeth,

That would be great thanks I do appreciate it.

Ken

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 March 11 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Ken

take your mail address of this thread we do not have mail address shown

I will PM you later
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline nort

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 March 11 16:11 GMT (UK) »
hi Ken,on Kelly's 1921 Directory of Northumberland,the King Crispin is listed at 10 Newgate Street Morpeth and the licensee was Mrs E Cook.

Steve
Northumberland-Brown,Mitchell,Pattison,Clough,Gleghorn,Roseby,Sanderson,Southern,Elliott,Gray,Green,Dobson,Bell
Durham/Northumberland-Mellanby
Cornwall-Chenhall,Bodinner
Fife-Mitchell,Gourlay,Dryburgh

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 March 11 18:09 GMT (UK) »

Ken I have mailed off some photos to you
Cheers
Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 March 11 18:12 GMT (UK) »
For some reason I cannot post a photo i have taken today

Seems somewhere they think it is a copy right
Sorry
Elizabeth

Offline KENBAKER

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 March 11 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Email sent  ... Thanks Elizabeth.

Ken

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 04 April 11 18:39 BST (UK) »
Have been to the library at Morpeth and I have posted some things onto you

The next trip should be to Woodhorn as there is a register book there where your grt grt grandparents would have to sign in this book
" Registry For Inns " is the title
Elizabeth