Author Topic: The Fooks Family  (Read 9649 times)

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Fooks Family
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 08 May 11 12:29 BST (UK) »

Hi Messy....Welcome to Rootschat

As you see there are many variations to the Fookes/Foulkes/Folks that appear in this corner of the Beds/ Bucks border.
 Would you like John's marraige details for Fanny's maiden name..?
 In 1851 Fanny gives Clophill as place of birth and a Fanny Dudley was baptised there in 1812.
  She married as Frances Dudley to John Folks in 1831 again in Clophill.
 So far I have William Fooks bapt in Bletchley to William Richardson & Elizabeth Fooks ...William marries 2 years later and not to Elizabeth and cannot prove which Elizabeth is mine. Keeps me busy!
   Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ErnieCG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 09 May 11 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Messy - not only welcome you to Rootschat but to the Fooks/Fookes/Fowkes/Fox, etc branch lines.

Thank you for your response to my post it looks like you are on a branch of another tree as I have my ancestors covered during that period though I'm not discounting it out as there could be a link somewhere which I don't know about. I got most of my information on the Fooks from my aunt, my mother's sister and they were born Fooks. I find in most intriguing and enthralling that there are so many different spellings of the name and they appear mainly in the Beds/Bucks border area.

ErnieCG

Offline messy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 09 May 11 15:57 BST (UK) »
 :) Thank you for your kind welcome ;D 

Later on in the week i will try and download the pictures i have of Frederick Charles and let you know in what census the name has changed!!!!!!!!!!!!  Iam no longer a Fookes  but i always found it funny how differentt people pronounced it  :o.
kind regards
chrissie

Offline zoomeruk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 05 March 22 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tazzie, I've not long started trying to trace my tree. I have George Fooks 1773-1842 married to Anne Sinfield. George's parents I have as Thomas Fooks 1747-1827 and Sarah Irons 1749-1807. If you have any information relating to that line, going further back, I'd very much appricate your assistance.