Author Topic: Mansfield WALKER and wife Mary (nee) (DOUGHERTY) (DOCHERTY)  (Read 1406 times)

Offline jaybees

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mansfield WALKER and wife Mary (nee) (DOUGHERTY) (DOCHERTY)
« on: Tuesday 22 March 11 05:49 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Family of Mansfield WALKER , born Newcastle-on-Tyne abt 1863, his Wife Mary WALKER (nee) DOUGHERTY/DOCHERTY born Gateshead, Durham abt 1864.    Mary went on to marry Michael DEMPSEY after the demise of Mansfield WALKER.

Children of Mansfield and Mary :

Jane WALKER     Born abt 1886
    James  WALKER  born abt 1887
    Mansfield WALKER   born abt 1888
    Anthony WALKER  born abt 1895

I would like to correspond with any person researching or having any knowledge of this Family.    On the 1901 UK Census they were residing at 40 Burton Street, All Saints, Newcastle-on-Tyne.

Regards, Jim, in Australia

Offline Matilda1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mansfield WALKER and wife Mary (nee) (DOUGHERTY) (DOCHERTY)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 06:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim

I have no connection to your family but just wanted to check that you are aware you can look on www.freebmd.org.uk for civil registration index references to your family and then order and purchase copies of birth, death marriage certificates from the General Register Office here:

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

For example, here is the index reference for the birth of Mansfield Walker:

Births March quarter 1863   
WALKER    Mansfield        Newcastle T    volume 10b   page 61

Do you have earlier census references for this family?  Have you had a look on www.familysearch.org - in particular the updated site?

Matilda

Offline jaybees

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mansfield WALKER and wife Mary (nee) (DOUGHERTY) (DOCHERTY)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hullo Matilda,

Many thanks for your reply to my query regarding the subject persons.    I do have all of the suggested information Matilda, but, what I was really hoping for with my initial request was to try and find any of the living relatives who I could correspond with because I have reason to believe that my Father could have been one of the children of the initial marriage.   I have all of the information back to the 1871 Census.

Thank you again.

Jim