Author Topic: famhistbuff's Scavenger Hunt... Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 22146 times)

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: famhistbuff's Scavenger Hunt... Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 05 April 12 16:00 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage licence allegation   for James Mostyn bachelor of St Saviour Southwark hatmaker dated 2 Jan 1788 but proposed spouse is Elizabeth Webb >:( The marriage took place. Elizabeth was of Bermondsey.

I cannot see anything else in right time frame and area
Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline enigmas59

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 31 January 14 06:48 GMT (UK) »
Well it's been over a year, but perseverance has paid off.  I have found the birth record of James Mostyn!!!!!  Thank you so much for everyone's input, it helped immensely.  I am sitting here speechless - I have been looking for him for so many years.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hi I have just found this site, and this gentleman was my GG GRAndfather,, my grandfather was hector st'clair mostyn, my dad was Lester hector Arthur  James mostyn,, it has been so interesting reading all these posts,, thanks. Kim mostyn

Offline Sherrill McLauchlan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 14 August 16 08:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim, Uncle Hector was my grandmothers brother I have a lot of information on the family, trying to go back further I have found Old Bailey information on James Mostyn have never been able to find anything on William Mostyn who is supposed to have been married to Phoebe Frame and James Mostyn's parents, the ref for James Mostyn on Old Bailey is t17960217-16 he was a hatter and charged with making his own coins - James Mostyn alias Butler Old Bailey re is t18070114-30

Offline Sherrill McLauchlan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 14 August 16 08:23 BST (UK) »
Kim sorry me again, I should have kept reading then may have found your other information, you have gone further than me, anyway, on some of the stuff I have it has been suggested that James Mostyn alias Butler took the Butler name because he was living with his sister Jane and she had married a Butler, I dont have any subscriptions with any of the ancestry sites, but you may be able to find it, and if you do I would love to know if we are Mostyns or Butlers, by the way I am Sherrill McLauchlan (nee Keen) my mum was my grandmothers only child