Author Topic: Frederick Webb  (Read 4226 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Webb
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The last national census that is publicly available is 1911.  So, you would have to look for Frederick elsewhere.  For the years 1928-1934, the best resources are probably newspaper archives and city directories.  However, as you are not sure where he lived, it could be hard to narrow down the search.

I can check the Toronto directories in a couple of weeks.  They would be a good place to start. If the return voyage record is really him and he was a baker, that will help to locate him. 

RK

Offline nicky35

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for all your help, It was indeed him on the return journey.

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 April 11 05:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I went to the Toronto Library today to see if I could find your Frederick Webb.  If the return voyage mentioned earlier is him and he is a baker at this point in his life, then I found him.

There are 7 Frederick Webbs in the 1928 Toronto.  There are 8 in 1929.  None has a middle initial "L" listed and none of these is a baker.   Perhaps your Frederick was doing something else, or living just outside the city? 

From 1930-1935, there is a Frederick Webb, baker with the George Weston company.  He lives in rooms at 44 Follis Avenue.  The odd thing is that he shows up again in 1937, but not after that.  Does this make any sense with what you have found so far?  Is the baker correct? 

RK     

Offline nicky35

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 May 11 20:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information about Grandad Fred,   Fred and Dolly were in December 1934 on the Isle of Wight. So I think he came back in Jan 1934 as his mother decided hat she could not manage without him , she was a widow and was  a very bossy woman.
Thank you for taking the time to look for me, anything I can do for you here just let me know I would be more than happy to do so.