Author Topic: Thomas CARTWRIGHT Born 1864 Birkenhead England  (Read 4450 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas CARTWRIGHT Born 1864 Birkenhead England
« Reply #18 on: Friday 31 March 23 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosa,

The two members will be notified of your reply by email, poor Mr Cartwright.

Regards

Sarah

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline clanmac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 01 April 23 02:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosa
Could you please send more information, so this can be discussed with family.

Offline Rosa Bonheur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 03 April 23 19:28 BST (UK) »
Dear Clanmac,

Thank you for getting touch : )

A developer, Mark Levy/H & H Rock, wants to build on the Rosa Bonheur Memorial Park (RBMP), Elkridge, MD.  Since Maryland does not yet have legislation protecting pet cemeteries Mr. Levy believes that if he can have the human burials removed he can ignore the pet burials and proceed to build on the RBMP.  There is current pet cemetery regulation legislation (HB0676) being sought by Maryland Delegate William Wivell, which has been passed through the House of Representatives and is currently under consideration in the Senate.  There is also the Howard County Cemetery Preservation Act (CPA) of 1993, which is also supposed to protect the RBMP and the loved ones resting therein.  I have been unable to receive a clear answer as to why the CPA of 1993 legislation is not being enforced by Howard County officials and government.

It is Meadow Ridge Memorial Gardens Cemetery that Mr. Levy has contacted to remove the human burials.  Robert Anderson is the contact person at Meadow Ridge. However, the Department of Planning and Zoning/Beth Burgess has stated that letters opposing the disinterment and removal will be helpful.  The letter sent by family member(s) need to state: 1) That the family is opposed to the disinterment and removal of their family member(s), and 2) That the family has not been contacted by any company, entity, and/or person requesting their permission and/or approval for such disinterment and/or removal.  This letter would be e-mailed to: Robert.Anderson3@dignitymemorial.com and cc'ed to rosabonheursociety@juno.com so a copy would be on file.  Please type "Harry Royale Cartwright" for the e-mail Subject. If the family would desire they could also cc a copy to bburgess@howardcountymd.gov.

The letters that have been received by the Rosa Bonheur Society (RBS) from families with human burials opposing disinterment and removal have been effective in keeping loved ones at rest.  It is for this reason that RBS is requesting the submission of a letter from your family to ensure that Mr. Cartwright will continue to rest with his pet(s) - an option that is not available currently at any other Maryland cemetery.

RBS members are delighted to have learned more about Mr. Cartwright through the contributors to this site.  We have been seeking information since 2007 and are glad to have finally made a connection with family member(s). 

I hope that this information is helpful.  If there is any additional information that you need and/or would like to know please feel free to contact me.

Offline Jodieannem2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 09 August 23 12:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosa. I'm sorry it has been 12 years since I was on this site and a different email address.
I have a picture of my great uncles grave head stone - how do you know if they were buried with an animal. And if they weren't are their  remains getting moved to another place?