Author Topic: Thomas Edmund Hudman  (Read 13081 times)

Offline CandidaBWhyte

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Edmund Hudman
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 19 January 22 05:10 GMT (UK) »
I am Patrick Morris Hudman Whyte's granddaughter by way of marriage and adoption. He was married to my grandmother, and he 'adopted' my dad Stefan Whyte when they married. My dad attended boarding school in Ireland in the 60's; I have photos of them together as a family. He also appeared in one of Patrick's movies as an extra, "The Hideous Sun Demon."
My grandmother Arline Woodard Whyte wrote a book based on Balbriggan, The Witch of Balbriggan.

Unfortunately, my father passed away in 1983, when I was 9; and grandpa passed the following year. I remember sending him a letter before he passed, but I was only 9; and I don't believe I received a response, let alone recall what I even wrote to him.

Any information I appreciate and love to have and hear about.

Thank you so much,
Candida Lynn Whyte

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 19 January 22 15:52 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, BBW  :)

Some links for the children of Dorothy March (Hudman) Whyte-

Devereux Hatton Whyte born 1904
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01r7g/

Morris Hudman Whyte born 1907.  Mother's MN transcribed as Henderson.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1907/01710/1677615.pdf

Alan Hayes Whyte born 1912
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1912/01493/1607020.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Cjraf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 20 January 22 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Candida,

Thank you for your message. I was aware of your father Stefan and Patrick's wife Arline, albeit without much detail, so hope you can fill me in on missing information in due course.

My wife Angela is Patrick's grand niece, her grandfather being Devereux Whyte, Patricks elder brother.

I do have a considerable amount of information on the Whyte family back to the end of the 18th century, regrettably far too much to post on rootschat. I suggest that you send me a contact email to                      and I can try and answer some of your questions. Colin

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
RAWE (London), MEW (London), WHYTE (Dublin), FEEHAN, MCINERNEY (Dublin).

Offline AEH

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 04 August 23 16:43 BST (UK) »
I am the Grandson of Devereux Hatton Whyte.

My Father, Thomas Edmund Lewis Whyte, I was named after my Great Uncle,
Alan Edmund Hayes Whyte.

If any family members in Ireland or beyond want to get in touch please do i would love to play catch up and share some memories together.

Moderator comment: personal mobile number removed in accordance with RootsChat general guidance and practice.  Please use the personal message system to share such information.  Thanks

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 05 August 23 19:08 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Whyte family in 1911 census
House 372 in Balbriggan Urban (Balbriggan Urban, Part of, Dublin)
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Balbriggan_Urban__Part_of/Balbriggan_Urban/1126/  (H mistranscribed as N for Devereux)

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline CandidaBWhyte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 11 August 23 00:20 BST (UK) »
I am just now seeing that these posts from both myself and my sister (Caroline) have so many replies; and I am catching up as I can...Appreciate all of you who have responded and reached out!

I would love to hear and learn about as much as I can about the family and the man who's name we have been given to carry on, by way of our dad Stefan.
Candida Whyte

My Father, Thomas Edmund Lewis Whyte, I was named after my Great Uncle,
Alan Edmund Hayes Whyte.

If any family members in Ireland or beyond want to get in touch please do i would love to play catch up and share some memories together.

Moderator comment: personal mobile number removed in accordance with RootsChat general guidance and practice.  Please use the personal message system to share such information.  Thanks