Author Topic: Which James Donaldson married Elizabeth Simpson in Ellon in 1799?  (Read 5763 times)

Offline warrawillah

• RIP 2023
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Which James Donaldson married Elizabeth Simpson in Ellon in 1799?
« on: Friday 22 April 05 13:32 BST (UK) »
My husband descends from James Donaldson who married Elizabeth SIMPSON in the Parish of Ellon in 1799. They had the following children:
John b 1802 New Deer, James b 1803 as above, William 1805 and Robert 1808 New Deer, then John 1815, Thomas 1817 and George, 1819 all in Logie Buchan.

I suspect there are some missing between 1808 and 1815 . Perhaps they moved elsewhere.
A friend did some research for me whilst in Aberdeen some years ago and said there were several possible candidates for our James so I have not been able to find his birth details or parentage

Is anyone out there researching this family?
I have researched all the known descendants of Thomas born 1817  who moved to Orkney,and am happy to share my information with other relatives.
warrawillah in Sydney, Australia
DONALDSON  from Aberdeen,Orkney. and Newport, MONS Wales. WILLIAMS/CAUGHTER from Bangor Caernarvonshire, WALES
WISEMAN from ELGIN and LOSSIEMOUTH. MARTIN from Winchelea in Sussex, RICHARDSON from Rovelden in Kent, Pollok/POLLOCK from Scotland, LECKIE from Scotland WARRY from Bristol ENG