Author Topic: Robert LINDLEY of Lambeth circa 1830  (Read 3545 times)

Offline clickaway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Robert LINDLEY of Lambeth circa 1830
« on: Friday 22 April 05 14:41 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace the death of Robert Lindley from Lambeth.

I know that he married Mary Ann Williams at St Mary's Lambeth 12 Oct 1828, but she re-married in 1836, then being a widow.

I cannot trace any children from them.

Thanks,

Ray
Wiseman (Norfolk, London, Canada), Henderson (Manitoba, Canada) Crook (S. Devon, London, Ireland), Laskey (S. Devon and London), Richardson (Saffron Walden and London), Hall (Plymouth and Norfolk), Curd (Herts., London), Pettit, Pettitt, (all areas), Splatt (Devon, London, Surrey), East (Hertfordshire), Andrew (Herts.), Cluff (London), Nash (London), Plymley (Herts.), Packer (London), Leak (Norfolk), Allen (Norfolk)

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert LINDLEY of Lambeth circa 1830
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 August 09 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just doing some housekeeping on the Surrey boards and going through the oldest posts. Now there are further resources available it gives a chance for old posts to be looked at again to see if the information can be found or the chance for posters to say whether this information has been answered and this topic can be completed. If it can be completed please put completed into the title of this topic and it can be moved to Surrey completed (it is never lost off Rootschat) giving more space for other topics to be looked at again by all of us to see if we can help. If you are still looking for the information perhaps you can now add further details to help others search again for you.

Regards

Valda

Co-Surrey Moderator
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ladygardener

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 March 12 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I too am interested in a Robert John Lindley and a Mary Ann Lindley ,However I have discovered there are two of them which can get confusing ,My Robert Lindley of London married Mary Ann Porter in Saltash Cornwall in 1829 in 1830 they were living in Garlick Hythe london where their son Robert Wharton Lindley was born in May 1830.
Now in the 1841 and 1851 census there is a Robert and Mary Ann Lindley and they have a son Robert born 1832 she was born in Exeter in 1813,I thought it might be my Robert and Mary ,I checked the marriages and found as you say a Robert Lindley married a Mary Ann Wllliams in Lambeth and also a Mary Ann Williams was born in Exeter in 1813,Which connects with the census .They are still there in 1871 with a Grandson.
I have not traced my Mary Ann and Robert, I think he is the one who died and she remarried but I have not traced this ,if you can enlighten me about what you found it would be interesting .
                                                                            Rosemary

Offline hs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 00:17 BST (UK) »
Robert John Lindley, son of Robert and Charlotte, paper manufacturer/stainer/hanger married Mary Ann Porter. She was born in Exeter, St Peter to Samuel and Elizabeth. The grandson Thomas Lindley in 1871 was actually Thomas Gudge. He was son of daughter Emma Lindley
hs

Offline ladygardener

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 01:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you what you say is true .I did  trace the family through and by getting the birth certificate of a child born after 1837 verified that the mother indeed was Mary Ann Porter . Rosemary

Offline ladygardener

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 01:42 BST (UK) »
Minor correction Mary Anns Parents were Samuel Porter and Mary( ne. Partridge) Rosemary

Offline gifford2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 31 August 22 15:50 BST (UK) »
Just a correction with permission from HS
Mary Ann PORTER as you say was daughter of Samuel Porter and Mary Partridge. She married Robert John Lindley 1829 Saltash.
The Robert Lindley who married a Mary Williams (wrong on many trees) was nothing to do with this family.
The Robert and Mary Ann found in 1841/1851 born Exeter is the correct Mary Ann Porter baptised in Saltash (diocese of Exeter).

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 31 August 22 15:56 BST (UK) »
This is an old post (2005)

The original poster 'clickaway' has not been on here since 2015, hopefully they will get a message to say there is a reply.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ladygardener

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 31 August 22 21:00 BST (UK) »
Completed