Author Topic: brand/bonner family  (Read 2396 times)

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
brand/bonner family
« on: Monday 28 March 11 22:40 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out if any Brand/Bonner family are buried around Berwick upon Tweed area. I have called a few churches but at the moment not being successful. Hope someone can help.

Ann Benson

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: brand/bonner family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 April 11 21:53 BST (UK) »
How about these on FreeBMD?

Emily Brand died March 1942 aged 66 in the Northumberland North First District (volume 10b page 885)

Martha Brand died December 1895 aged 36 in the Berwick District (volume 10b page 278)

Philip Brand died December 1911 aged 74 in the Berwick District (volume 10b page 546)

2 unamed Bonner babies died aged 0 in December 1941 in the Northumberland North First District (volume 10b page 829)

Christian Bonner died June 1860 aged ? in Berwick District (volume 10b page 197)

Jane Hepburn Bonner died September 1864 aged ? in Berwick District (volume 10b page 213)

Thomas Bonner died June 1881 aged 73 in Berwick District (volume 10b page 222)

Berwick registrations took place in Berwick until 1936 then from 1937 it was Northumberland North First District.

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Re: brand/bonner family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 April 11 15:02 BST (UK) »
The burial records for the area are notoriously difficult to try and get hold of, I have been trying to get details from the council for the location of a plot (I know the plot number etc) for several years without success.

You don't mention any dates so it's difficult to know how where you may need to be looking, many of the churches within Berwick are pretty recent and have little or no burial ground as such, a large number of burials are within the two main cemeteries, one at Tweedmouth (opened in the early 1800's) and the one just north of the town centre (opened 1850's).

And just to point out, Berwick is in the county of Northumberland, England.  Berwickshire is the adjacent county but in Scotland.

Berwick archives hold some details that may give plot numbers for the Berwick site but see my comment above re physically locating the plots.