Author Topic: CRUMLISH surname  (Read 5875 times)

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
CRUMLISH surname
« on: Tuesday 29 March 11 10:52 BST (UK) »
i wonderd if anyone knows of the name crumlish from londonderry,i recently got my grt grt grandfathers death certificate in the hope i would get his parents names but it didnt give their names just where he was born and died,my mother died 2 years ago and told me that when she was a little girl she would hear the family talking about donegal,so she presumed because he was irish he came from donegal,so it was quite a suprise when the death cert arrived and it said place born londonderry,all the census records have place born ireland,i also thought it would have given his parents names,so what can i do to find his parents names,and if he was really born in londonderry,unless there could have been a mistake in his birth place,thankyou.
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: crumlish surname
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 10:59 BST (UK) »
You haven't mentioned the date but since it's your great-great-grandfather I'm assuming it's not a recent death. If you could give us his name and the dates we'll probably be able to help.

The 1911 Irish census lists 91 people named Crumlish- 69 of them living in Donegal and only 7 of them in Londonderry (city itself) but remember that the city and county of Londonderry borders Co. Donegal- see here

Added- see that you've already a post for Crumlish-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,101788.msg1167059.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: CRUMLISH surname
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 11:23 BST (UK) »
Actually you've quite a few posts for the Crumlish family already-

looking for birth (Ireland-General)
"I am looking for the birth of thomas crumlish.Thomas would have been born around 1845,not sure where but my mother seems to think she can remember the Donegal area for some reason being mentioned when she was small."

CRUMLISH CONALLY CRINGAN, All (One Name Studies A-G)

My Irish Ancestors,help needed. (Ireland-General)

surname search (Ireland-General)
"I wonderd if anyone would be able to tell me where to go to find the birth of my Grt Grt Grandfather Thomas Crumlish.I know he was born about 1840-45 i think in Donegal but not sure.I have no idea who his parents were,but either he left Ireland on his own or with his parents for Scotland and married in 1868 in Berwickshire.Even if i got a list of all Thomas Crumlish births i may be able to wittle it down till i find mine."

trying again THOMAS & (WILLIAM?) CRUMLISH (Donegal)
"Can someone please help me find the birth of my Grt Grt Grandfather,his name was Thomas Crumlish,he would have been born about 1845 somewhere in Donegal{my mother thinks},he left Donegal at some stage for Scotland..."

These are my irish names (Ireland-General)

CRUMLISH, All (One Name Studies A-G)

my elusive ancestors HELP (Lanarkshire)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
crumlish
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 February 13 15:12 GMT (UK) »
if anyone is searching for the name crumlish from londonderry will you please let me know,i have been stuck with this family for years now,somewhere out there,someone has to have a crumlish in their family ???thankyou anne
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,