Author Topic: baptism 1854  (Read 3198 times)

Offline ike

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
baptism 1854
« on: Wednesday 30 March 11 14:51 BST (UK) »
Please can some one help me I am trying to find the baptism of Ann Long b 1854 in Hindoveston Norfolk her parents were Jeremiah and Elizabeth Long, I have looked on IGI and the Norfolk Project but that doesn't go up to 1854 got all her siblings up to her but then it seems to end, thanks
brown's and broom's of norfolk area, butcher of bromyard, goodall' edmonton, tottenham, bexley heath, walthamstow.  attwell/atwell? hamlett of walthamstow.  long's of norfolk

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: baptism 1854
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 15:43 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD has this:

December qtr 1854
Aylsham district   Vol 4b, Page 73
Long, Ann
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline ike

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 15:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that
 :)
brown's and broom's of norfolk area, butcher of bromyard, goodall' edmonton, tottenham, bexley heath, walthamstow.  attwell/atwell? hamlett of walthamstow.  long's of norfolk

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi ike

Hindolveston PR's are available online at
https://www.familysearch.org/s/image/show#uri=https%3A//api.familysearch.org/records/waypoint/651994

it doesn't look as if Ann was baptised there in 1854

yokel

Offline ike

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 March 11 14:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that site its great but cant find Ann Long so may be she was done when they next show up in Foulsham, once again thanks

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 March 11 15:02 BST (UK) »
One thing I have come across in my reasearch is the problem around families not baptising all their children for some reason.

My g/grandfather was the eldest of 7 and when the other six were all baptised on same day some years after birth of youngest he was not "done".

I also have his younger brother who only baptised his children who were male.

Another only baptised those who either died young or probably had been ill and survived.

I now no longer worry if I can not find a baptism record for children as going by the above I know that in many families baptism can be a very hit and miss prospect. ;)
Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)

Offline ike

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 March 11 20:57 BST (UK) »
Yes I do agree with what you say I have found them invarious places, just seems funny I have now found all but one of her siblings and its the one next to her that missing and Guistwick baps aren't online but never mind Ive found a few new ones tonight.

Thank you

Offline alimag

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 April 11 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi think this is her sarah ann b 29sep 1854 christened 19 jun 1855  father jeremiah mother elizabeth also on same page susan b 6 feb 1853 ch 29 apr 1853 . and robert ch 13 apr 1851 . found these on norfolk baptism project . briston primative methodist. hope this is some help.

regards alan

Offline ike

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 April 11 14:20 BST (UK) »
Oh yes this is great news I never would have guested she was a sarah ann her wedding cert said ann and the census toowill look deeper into it now.
thank you