Author Topic: NELLIE LOTT BIRTH LOOKUP PLEASE  (Read 1731 times)

Offline angiross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
NELLIE LOTT BIRTH LOOKUP PLEASE
« on: Friday 22 April 05 17:26 BST (UK) »
HELLO EVERYONE. PLEASE COULD SOME KIND PERSON TRY AND HELP ME IN MY SEARCH TO FIND A BIRTH OR BAPTISM OF
'NELLIE LOTT
(MIGHT HAVE BEEN ELLEN, HELEN ELEANOR)
SAYS ON 1891 CENSUS BORN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  AGE 5
SAYS ON 1901 CENSUS BORN BAISFORD NOTTS AGE 13
SO BETWEEN 1886-1888
MOTHER MARY ANN OALES(LOOKS LIKE BUT COULD BE OATES)
FATHER WILLIAM LOTT

MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE
ANGI

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: NELLIE LOTT BIRTH LOOKUP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 April 05 19:39 BST (UK) »
 :)
Angi

The registration district in Nottingham is Basford. I have never heard that surname before so I have just looked it up in the current phone book and there are only 3 entries so it it unusual in this part of the country. Basford covers a huge district in Nottingham and many churches. I suggest you look it up in the GRO index to narrow the date down to the year and the quarter. As it is an unusual surname I'm sure you will only find 1 Nellie Lott in the 1870-1890 period in Basford. An address in Nottingham would help to narrow down the number of churches.
I am planning to go to the Archives the week of 23 May so if you are still stuck email me closer to the time.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline angiross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 April 05 20:17 BST (UK) »
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.
THE THING IS, THE FAMILY CONSISTS OF
WILLIAM LOTT FROM SURREY, MARY ANN LOTT(NEE OALES O OATES) FROM LINCOLNSHIRE(ACCORDING TO 1891 & 1901 CENSUS)THEN NELLIE FROM NOTTS. THEN 1891 ARTHUR & WILLIAM LOTT (TWINS) BORN SURREY
THE FAMILY ARE THEN IN SURREY IN THE 1901 TOO.
I CANNOT FIND A BITH FOR NELLIE OR MARRAIGE FOR WILLIAM & MARY ANN. COULD I SEND YOU A COPY OF BIRTH CERT FOR ARTHUR TO DESCIPHER MARY ANN'S MAIDEN NAME?
MANY THANKS AGAIN
ANGI

Offline juliep123

• I have turned off email notifications
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 April 05 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hi angi
Just had a quick look on Free BMD, and found a Nellie Lott, b; june 1885. 2a 818 in Blean which I believe to be Kent. If she was born  in June 85, on the 1891 census her age would have been 5 as they were done in april, she wouldn't have been 6 for another 2months. Was she born here and then moved to notts?
Good Luck
Julie
Notts; Clay, Rose, clayton, parker. collishaw, trueman
derbyshire;Rose, clay
suffolk; Folger
Lincs, Norton disney; Rose

Offline angiross

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 April 05 22:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply . I just found this entry too, tonight. I was over the moon as i thought to myself, maybe they had the baby in Nottingham, then moved back down south, as that is where the father and subsequent children were registered. Hadnt got a clue where Blean was until i looked on reg. districts. 2a came under surrey and kent. Her brothers were registerd in Surrey Newington in 1891. I think we may have hit the jackpot here. Thankyou. I have never found another nellie lott in that timeframe.
I will let you know if it the right one. Just need the marriage of the parents now
William lott and Mary ann Oates(looks like Oates or Oales) about that time frame.
Thankyou
thankyou
This site is great
angi