Author Topic: Dilwyn Parish register - SCANDRETT - completed  (Read 3153 times)

Offline illumina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Dilwyn Parish register - SCANDRETT - completed
« on: Friday 01 April 11 13:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, if anyone has access to Dilwyn Parish register, could anyone tell me if they can find a Sarah Scandrett, born around 1800 (but could be anywhere between about 1797 and 1806)?

She married George Anderson (a Tailor from Scotland) in 1835 in West Bromwich, and died in 1889. On every census but one she gives Dilwyn as her birth place.

I believe her to be the sister of my 3x great-grandfather William Scandrett (born c1801) (his son Charles was living with her family as 'nephew' in 1851)  and she was a witness at his marriage in 1825 in Pembridge. William died in 1841, so I don't know the exact place of his birth - which is why I'm looking for hers. I know there's a William Scandrett born in Dilwyn to James and Elizabeth, but I can't find a Sarah, so can't prove the family is the right one.

This is a big brick wall for me, so any help will be most gratefully received!

TIA
Scandrett (Herefordshire); Autie, Canning, Ainge (Worcestershire); Haslum (Gloucestershire); Brittain, Griffiths, Price, (Birmingham); Cunningham, Geraghty (Ireland); Trickey, Shorter, Instock (Berks); Whitehall (Bucks)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dilwyn Parish register - SCANDRETT
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 May 11 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hiya Tia...
William Scandrett christened 2nd august 1801  Dilwyn   father James Scandrett /mother Elizabeth
Rebecca Scandrett  christened 19th May 1811  same village and parents
Hannah Scandrett christened  27th November 1808...same village /parents
Ann Scandrett christened 31st oct 1813    same village /parents
George Scandrett christened 12th April 1819 same village /parents
John Scandrett christened ?? sep 1803  same village /parents
Eleanor Scandrett christened 6th oct 1799

James Scandrett married Elizabeth Milward on 25th November 1798 Dilwyn, Hereford

so...unless Sarah is a nickname for Hannah ???...I would say that Sarah Scandrett is NOT a sibling of William....sorry about the random years of the christenings but thats how they came out in the records...what I will say is that between John 1803 and Hannah 1808....5 years...possibly Sarah was born then and somehow her christening may have been lost ??
your call now...lol
good luck
allan :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline illumina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dilwyn Parish register - SCANDRETT - completed
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 May 12 09:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks for checking! sorry it's taken me a while to reply - I emigrated!
Scandrett (Herefordshire); Autie, Canning, Ainge (Worcestershire); Haslum (Gloucestershire); Brittain, Griffiths, Price, (Birmingham); Cunningham, Geraghty (Ireland); Trickey, Shorter, Instock (Berks); Whitehall (Bucks)