Author Topic: BRODIGAN  (Read 6630 times)

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
BRODIGAN
« on: Sunday 03 April 11 10:12 BST (UK) »
hello everyone I am trying to find out about my gg/mother Mary Brodigan   christened in St Peters Drogheda 1844 she married  (I hope she did  ) a Llewellyn Turner from Wrexham Wales I have tried everything I know to find a marriage for them but no luck .I know their first son  Thomas was born in Bradford  Yorkshire in 1873 I have a copy of his B/Cert  it states Llewellyn was a labourer on the railway it also states Mary Turner was the mother so thats why I think they must of been married. Thomas and Judith had 4 girls  Mary ,Catherine,Judith and Ann also one son Thomas.Mary's second son W illiam 1874 was born in Drogheda,Please is there anyway I can check to see where and when they got married?  Thanks Bernadine
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: BRODIGAN
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 April 11 10:21 BST (UK) »
hasn't this topic been discussed before ?

Leinster Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 April 11 11:39 BST (UK) »
No I have asked about Brodigans before i am trying to find a marriage  that is why I have asked for help I really dont know where else to try  thanks Bernie
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 April 11 13:19 BST (UK) »
your topic is titled Brodigan so I thought you were looking for the marriage of Mary and  Llewellyn - which has been discussed before.

who's marriage are you looking for ?

I know their first son  Thomas was born in Bradford  Yorkshire in 1873 I have a copy of his B/Cert  it states Llewellyn was a labourer on the railway it also states Mary Turner was the mother so thats why I think they must of been married.

just wondering about this detail - if this is the correct birth cert for Thomas should Mary's maiden name not be Brodigan rather than Turner ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 April 11 17:19 BST (UK) »
I have no idea where Llewellyn and Mary got married I have checked my messages and it still does not say where or when , I am seeking that fact and asked if there was anyway I could find out, Im sorry if I am being a nuisance  I have tried for so long to find a record of their marriage,but never mind I shall just have to engage someone to try for me  Thanks Bernadine

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 April 11 19:31 BST (UK) »
based on the information on Llewellyn and Mary mentioned in the previous thread (see : Marriage Cert) I had another search of the details  just to double check the results. The updated familysearch BMD index gives the same results - e.g. no marriages for a Llewellyn Turner in the late 1860s or early 1870s anywhere in Ireland.

There are a couple of grooms with the middle name Llewellyn, but none of these are near to Dundalk.

There also doesn't seem to be any Mary Brodigan marriages in the Dundalk area near to the timeframe you mentioned either. The nearest by date are both during 1877, which I presume is too late to fit your Mary & Llewellyn. The next oldest match is a marriage for a Mary Brodigan near to Carrickmacross (Co. Monaghan) in 1874, although this doesn't seem to cross match with anyone with the surname Turner.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 April 11 10:06 BST (UK) »
Many thanks  I suppose i will have to give up and I am sad that they never married  I dont think he treated her at all well  but I hoped maybe they did marry at least it would have shown he had a decent side,I know I am much happier being related to Mary rather than Llewellyn  Thank you  Bernadine