Author Topic: TREANOR surname - Goulburn, NSW and Tasmania  (Read 11757 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: TREANOR surname - Goulburn, NSW and Tasmania
« Reply #18 on: Friday 05 August 16 07:44 BST (UK) »
May I please duplicate some information posted earlier, and add to that information.

John TRAINER aged 15 years, born Manchester, Shoemaker, 4 ft 8 ¾ inches tall, ruddy complexion,  brown hair, hazel grey eyes, tried Quarter Sessions 25 October 1819, Lancaster.   Sentenced 7 years, arrived Sydney per Minerva (4), 16 December 1821.   
December 1821 to Emu Plains for Assignment/Distribution
Sept 1822 Assigned to S BAKER at Parramatta
August 1825 at Airds, for Assignment/Distribution
Sept 1825 Assigned to a Bringelly Clearing Party under Mr HOOK
Oct 1825 at the Carters Barracks, Sydney Town, for Slops
Nov 1828 Residing Baulkham Hills, Freed by Servitude
2 Nov 1826 Certificate of Freedom #5799 

Please do NOT confuse the above chap who was transported on the 4th voyage of the Minerva, arriving December 1821 with a John TRAINER who was also transported on the Minerva, arriving 30 April 1818, at age 22, so arriving on an earlier voyage.

Please do NOT confuse either of those two chaps with the John TRAINER who was born in NSW in March 1801 and baptised at St John's Parramatta 24 May 1801.

https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 05 August 16 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hello McCabe,

I have just sent you a PM regarding your posting.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline McCabe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 06 August 16 02:14 BST (UK) »
Hi.  Can you take out the name "S B"from the above post.  I have recently discussed this matter with that person and we both agreed that anything she said did not warrant my dad being bashed by the Goodsalls as it was nil to do with my dad.  The matter was not reported to the police in 1962 as the local GP did not say my dad died of the bashing injury, putting his death down to a HA and telling my mum that.  I got the probate papers in 2010 and it is very obvious my dad did die from the bashing as in the probate papers it said he died from a cerebral haemorrhage.  I reported this to the police in 2011 and to the NSW Coroner in 2014.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 August 16 02:50 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

......  The matter was not reported to the police in 1962 as the local GP did not say my dad died of the bashing injury, putting his death down to a HA and telling my mum that.  I got the probate papers in 2010 and it is very obvious my dad did die from the bashing as in the probate papers it said he died from a cerebral haemorrhage.  I reported this to the police in 2011 and to the NSW Coroner in 2014.

So McCabe, are you saying that these are matters that NSW Police and/or the NSW Coroner have as current matters?

May I please express concern for discussing current NSW Police or NSW Coroner matters in public forums such as RChat.

May I mention that Probate Packets that have been transferred from the NSW Supreme Court to the NSW Archives (State Records NSW) are public records.  These means that any member of the general public can access the entire Probate file for McCabe's late father.  A NSW Probate Packet often contains a NSW death certificate.  A NSW death certificate includes details of the cause of death, as certified by a medico, and the registration is usually prepared and lodged by the funeral director.  There is provision on a NSW BDM death certificate for family history details which are supplied by an informant who does not need to be a family member.   

May I further mention that the 1962 Probate process for the Grant for McCabe's late father was not unduly delayed.  From the online index, during 1962 some Probates took much longer, and several took about the same amount of time to be proven.   A quick check at NSW State Records online index brings up the following for Grants for using the keywords John Jones Death 1962

DD 13 Nov 1961 - Grant 9 May 1962
DD 18 Oct 1961 – Grant 30 March 1962
DD 15 Aug 1961 – Grant 6 December 1962
DD 26 July 1961 – Grant 10 August 1962
DD 3 Oct 1962 – Grant 22 Feb 1963
DD 4 May 1962 – Grant 26 July 1962
DD 16 May 1962 – Grant 24 Aug 1962
DD 27 June 1962 – Grant 9 Oct 1963
DD 27 Jan 1962 – Grant 25 April 1963
DD 8 June 1962 – Grant 7 Oct 1965

John Thomas JONES (McCabe's late father) DD 28 June 1962, Probate Granted 14 November 1962 

https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/

ADD

May I add that NSW State Records has indexed a Probate Packet that was granted 16 March 1970 for a Jack GOODSALL, DD 18 May 1968.

NSW BDM has a death registration for a John GOODSALL registered Gundagai district, DD as 18 May 1968.   #18174
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx
That death occurred more than 30 years ago (nearly 50 years ago).

There is a War Services file at the National Archives (of Australia) that has Jack's DD as 17 May 1968, and his DoB as 3 December 1919 at Gundagai.  NX101819 .
http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/index.aspx

LATER ADD
From the 1913 NSW Electoral Roll for COOTAMUNDRA, with polling at Gundagai, at least three cordial makers in Gundagai:

Charles McCABE, of Gundagai, cordial maker
Charles GOODSALL, of Gundagai, cordial maker
John Thomas JONES, of Gundagai, cordial maker

From the 1902/3 NSW Electoral Roll for HUME, with polling at Gundagai:
Charles McCABE, Sheridan Street, cordial maker

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline GundyEd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 06:51 BST (UK) »
This post has caused outrage in the town of Gundagai.  This "McCabe" person needs to be restrained.  She is telling lies.  There was no murder!  There was no embezzlement!  This post has caused a great deal of distress to the families named in the post.  Why should they have to read such lies about their family members?  These families are well-respected decent people and do not deserve to read such rubbish.   Rootschat is a genealogy forum and this horrible post is nothing to do with genealogy. Another gentleman's name has also been mentioned, and whilst not defamatory, is irrelevant to any genealogy.  The gentleman's daughter would like his name deleted.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 06:53 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I will again report it all to a volunteer moderator.

JM

Offline GundyEd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 06:55 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I meant the long rambling post dated 4 August, 2016  by "McCabe", where she is alleging her father was murdered (a complete fantasy. Her father died of natural causes) and another fantasy about a person commiting an embezzlement (another fantasy).  Sorry, I did not realise that "McCabe's" post was not the post directly before my post.  Anyway it would be easy to work out what post needs to be deleted

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 06:56 BST (UK) »
Yes,  I understand that you are not asking for the post I made to be deleted.   I will use the report to moderator button.

JM