Author Topic: trying to obtain a birth certificate and marriage certificate  (Read 6066 times)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Re: trying to obtain a birth certificate and marriage certificate
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 April 11 16:45 BST (UK) »
Marriage cert could be problematic as each venue had it's own register, eg parish church and register office will be in different registers. Unless you know where the staff won't know which register to consult

Offline Sandymc47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Fowlers of Yorkshire since 1685
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 April 11 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I actually live about three quarters of a mile from the Basford Registry office.
Never been there etc as my folk are from Yorkshire.

I can pop down on Friday  or if its a holiday because of the wedding, it will be next Monday and see what they say.
If it is within the range of the Nottingham Evening Post time, I can go to Nottingham Library and look at the fische for wedding, births, deaths etc, if I know what date I am looking for as it makes my eyes go dizzy flickin the sheets over.

Let me know and I will see what I can do in the next few days.

regards
Sandymc   
Midgley, Fowler, Chadwick, Kilvington, Routledge, Hewitt, Stevenson, Ward, Waite, Binks , Buck, Pearson,  Stanley, Firth, Child, Hobson, Rogers, all Leeds and Yorkshire for centuaries except the Routledges from Wigton, Cumbria and Middlesbrough. Related to McAllisters of Wilsontown

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 April 11 18:39 BST (UK) »
Friday and Monday this weekend are both Bank Holidays  ;D

Don't have a wasted journey  ;D

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 April 11 21:34 BST (UK) »

Hi Rachel, Kirkby in Ashfield and Mansfield Libraries have the parich records on micro fiche. You can normaly get a copy printed of the the original quite cheaply. It would also save wasting money on wrong certificates in the firsat instance.

Skewy

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 28 April 11 11:41 BST (UK) »
thank you all for your kind offfers, i have aknowledged them and will get back to you as soon as ancestry lets me in  >:(
Ralph. Lever. Young. Lasham. Denigan. Sawyer. Moore. Stone

saville foljambe moore

Offline Hammerman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 28 April 11 12:49 BST (UK) »
The page ref. for the marriage is 468.

The page range for that quarter is 253-493.  As 468 is near the end of the range the wedding was highly likely either Register Office or non-conformist.
Greensmith - Greasley, Nottinghamshire; Rigley - Nottinghamshire; Wightman - Nottinghamshire; Lee - Nottinghamshire; James - Berkshire (maybe Gloucestershire); Lyons - London; Harrop - Prestbury, Cheshire; Rockett - Middlesex; Chandler - Lambeth, Surrey (maybe Norfolk); Gates - Middlesex; Clark - Islip, Oxfordshire; Richards - Gouldhurst, Kent; Bent - Redbourne, Hertfordshire; Angel - Throwley, Kent; Coker - Middlesex; Bailey - West Lavington, Wiltshire

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 30 April 11 11:15 BST (UK) »
Had a look at the Nottingham Guardian online and nothing coming up there, with any of the names.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley