Author Topic: look up please  (Read 8962 times)

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: look up please
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 14:30 BST (UK) »
1891 Census Living in Hindley

Noah Hayes age 49 Coalminer
Ann Hayes age 46
Richard Hayes age 20 b Hindley
Jane Hayes age 11 b Hindley
David Hayes age 8 b Hindley
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 14:33 BST (UK) »
Noah died in 1896..

Noah Heyes  age 55  Wigan  8c 62 Jun Qtr
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline badmog

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 15:53 BST (UK) »
thank you for all your help :)

Offline BashLad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 April 11 01:31 BST (UK) »
These are my grandmother's family!  ;D If Noah Heys was one of your ancestors then we are (distantly) related.

I'll warn you now that families in Eccleston are very, very, very closely interrelated so be very careful. I've never seen anywhere else like it.

Let's see.

In 1881 I have Noah HEYS-WANE down as living with Richard WANE  and Elizabeth GRUNDY - they were my great-great-grandparents. Noah was  their cousin.

Noah was an illegitimate child - he should've been a WANE. BUT his father was also an illegitimate child ..... whose mother's maiden name was HEYS as well! So it was probably easier for him just to drop the wane part entirely.

I've attached what I have down for his ancestry - but no guarantees to accuracy.

Personally I am descended from Richard Duckworth-Wane (another illegitimacy), Ellen Heys, Thomas Heys and Jane Cuerden because... Elizabeth Heys' sister married John Heys-Wane's brother....  and John Heys-Wane's other brother married Ellen Norris whose mother was Alice Heys who was a sister of Ellen Heys.

And that is the tip of the iceberg!

WHITEHOUSE- Bromsgrove, WANE - Eccleston, TOWERS - Blackburn & Ribble Valley, COLLINGE - Rawtenstall, THOMAS - Penzance, Whitehaven, Haslingden.

Offline BashLad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 April 11 01:58 BST (UK) »
This is them in 1881

12 frederick st, hindley.

Noah Heyes   40 - coal miner
Ann Heyes   36
Elizabeth Heyes18  - cotton reeler
Sarah Heyes   16 - cop reeler
Richard Heyes   10 - scholar
Alice Heyes   8 - scholar
Jane Heyes   1 - scholar
Richard Wain   29 - coal miner (lodger)
Elizabeth Wain   32
Hugh Wain   8 - scholar
Oliver Wain   6 - scholar
WHITEHOUSE- Bromsgrove, WANE - Eccleston, TOWERS - Blackburn & Ribble Valley, COLLINGE - Rawtenstall, THOMAS - Penzance, Whitehaven, Haslingden.

Offline badmog

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 07 April 11 08:58 BST (UK) »
hi thank you my connection is ther heyes side, will get back to you,thanks again, :)

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 07 April 11 14:33 BST (UK) »
heres a link you may be interested in.....

http://www.geni.com/people/William-Cuerden/6000000002711596046

Offline badmog

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 07 April 11 21:21 BST (UK) »
These are my grandmother's family!  ;D If Noah Heys was one of your ancestors then we are (distantly) related.

I'll warn you now that families in Eccleston are very, very, very closely interrelated so be very careful. I've never seen anywhere else like it.hi my link is from elizabeth hayes noah's daughter,(the heys/hayes are in my family tree,elizabeth married a john langford his brother joseph married margaret moorfield my grandmothers sister,there mother was my ggrandmother,she married a heyes,as you said a lot of inter family marriages

Let's see.

In 1881 I have Noah HEYS-WANE down as living with Richard WANE  and Elizabeth GRUNDY - they were my great-great-grandparents. Noah was  their cousin.

Noah was an illegitimate child - he should've been a WANE. BUT his father was also an illegitimate child ..... whose mother's maiden name was HEYS as well! So it was probably easier for him just to drop the wane part entirely.

I've attached what I have down for his ancestry - but no guarantees to accuracy.

Personally I am descended from Richard Duckworth-Wane (another illegitimacy), Ellen Heys, Thomas Heys and Jane Cuerden because... Elizabeth Heys' sister married John Heys-Wane's brother....  and John Heys-Wane's other brother married Ellen Norris whose mother was Alice Heys who was a sister of Ellen Heys.

And that is the tip of the iceberg!

Offline dave wane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 23 May 11 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Pete,
             Found your stuff on Noah Wane/Heys, very interesting. John Wane who married Elizabeth Heys 25th Dec 1841 is my great grandfather, after Elizabeth died he remarried a Sarah Holding(Holden) and they had a son James who is my grandfather. My main concern though is John as I cannot find any record of his birth at all, all I know is that he was born about 1819, he may have been born a Duckworth but I don't know. you also seem to know a bit about the Wanes and Heys of this period and I would be interested in any other info you may have.
Thanks Dave