Author Topic: 1911 census kirkcaldy??  (Read 2458 times)

Offline gillsz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1911 census kirkcaldy??
« on: Wednesday 06 April 11 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hello back on the trail of the ever elusive g grandfather Peter Mclaren. Having logged onto scotlandspeople thinking i would have little to do but look for my g grandparents in the town of Kirkcaldy Fife i have failed to find them! They married in the town in 1910 and my g grandmother was from the town ( and all her family lived there) however on their marrage cert Peters profession was given as a commercial salesman. I have looked to all regions in scotland etc on scotlandspeople and so far spent  a small fortune lol but does anyone have any ideas or clues regarding these g grandparents at this particular time ?? any help welcome cheers Gill.

Offline weemanswife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census kirkcaldy??
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 18:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Gill,

Is this your Peter.

Peter Lawrence McLaren 25 married Isabella Millar Cairns in Kirkcaldy in 1910. Peter gave ur a 43 Union St., Dundee.

The 1911 census has a Peter McLaren aged 25 wife Isabella 25 and duaghter Jessie 5 months living at 2 Graham St., Dundee.  He is a commercial Traveller (Confectionary) and was born in Coupar Angus, Perthshire and Isabella was born in Kirkcaldy.  Jessie the daughter was born in Dundee.  There was also a Boarder living with them.

Regards,
Weemanswife
Anderson, Arrnott, Alexander,Brand,McKay,Rattray,Maguire,Green,Wallace,McLaggan,Guild,Ferguson,Donaldson

Offline gillsz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census kirkcaldy??
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 19:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you, i did try dundee for peter and isabelle but no luck. Scotlandspeople can be a frustrating experience at times. Tried every where i scotland!. Thanks again. il go back on tomo and see if i find it for myself. Cheers. Gill