Author Topic: christopher lowery  (Read 5197 times)

Offline bonito

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
christopher lowery
« on: Thursday 07 April 11 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
i am trying to trace a relative who i believe was born in Abbeyleix in county Laois around 1840-50. His name was Christopher Lowery, he married a Mary Quinn and had a daughter Margaret Lowery who i think married my great grandfather William Ambrose Green around about 1885-91.
If anyone can shed some light on any of these people i would be extremely happy as i am pulling my hair out.
i beleive william green was in ireland between the 1881 and 1891 english census' and he could have married in ireland as i cannot find a record of an english wedding

cheers,
mick

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: christopher lowery
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 11 11:49 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately Christopher's birth is before the start of civil registration so you would need to know the family religion and which parish his family lived in to check what records may be available.

If William and Margaret married in Ireland they should be included in civil records - see the link below. To locate a possible marriage you need to search for the bride and groom separately and check for matching reference details - i.e. registration district, year/quarter, volume name and page number

see : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline PatB71

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: christopher lowery
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 April 11 09:36 BST (UK) »
https://www.familysearch.org/search/recordDetails/show?uri=https://api.familysearch.org/records/pal:/MM9.1.r/9SL8-PMG/p4

I found a record here of a Christopher Lowry marrying a Mary Quinn in Castlecomer 1865..not sure if this helps.Also other records on this site of some of their children.
Brennans-Boyle
Murphy-Monasterevin
Flood-Monasterevin
Derrigan-Rathangan
Prendergast-Athy