Author Topic: Rudolph LAMBERT Singapore  (Read 16692 times)

Offline Penny Sinclair

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rudolph LAMBERT Singapore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 09 October 19 03:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul, I haven't been on this website for quite a long time...years in fact. So my apologies for the late reply.
In answer to your questions:
Yes Dad's nickname was "Larry" and is recorded on his headstone as Henry Edward (Larry) Sinclair.
I can't tell you if Athia Tiga Oesman was Malay but what I can tell you is this: I had my DNA test done a couple of years ago and through Mum's side of the family (Modoo/Lambert) it came up with 4% Asian. This broken down became 2% Philippines, 1% Southeast Asia-Vietnam & 1% Southeast Asia-Dai (Tai). I'm assuming this is through Musha's (Olga's) side of the family and not Opa's (Lambertus Modoo) as he was Dutch and came from Haarlem..
Cheers, Penny

Offline sweenep1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rudolph LAMBERT Singapore
« Reply #28 on: Friday 11 October 19 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Penny
Thanks for the reply. Great to hear from you. Yes, some of my siblings and I did the DNA test and got roughly the same percentage of Asian ethnicity. It indeed comes from your Musha’s (Olga’s) paternal grandmother, namely Athia Tiga (possibly Oesman). Remember, Olga’s younger sister - Doris Eugenie (Lambert) Barker is my grandmother (through my mother Marie Thérèse (Barker) Sweeney.

My result for that part of the ethnicity was:
Chinese & Vietnamese 4.2%
(But also Mesoamerican & Andean 1.2%).

One of my siblings had:
Central Asian 2.9%
Chinese & Vietnamese 2.0%

Another sibling had:
Filipino, Indonesian & Malay 3.2%
Central Asian 2.9%
South Asian 1.0%.

All the above were with MyHeritage.
What company did you use?
(I will try Ancestry as well).

Do you have a family tree on MyHeritage?

Kind regards
Paul