Author Topic: Irish Genealogy Meet  (Read 20416 times)

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Genealogy Meet
« Reply #45 on: Monday 29 August 11 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Sadly I am going to have to scratch from this one. My father is very ill and we've Just been told only a few weeks left so I really can't make any firm commitments at present.

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 10:29 BST (UK) »
Annie
Still interested I will be in Dublin that weekend to meet up; I won't need accommodation. I just need to arrange the kids closed to the time.

Ann Baker
Hope all goes well for your Dad and your family - keep well
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Reilg Chill Barróg
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 21:23 BST (UK) »
Ann Baker
sorry to hear about your dad

eadaoin
Begg - Dublin, Limerick, Cardiff
Brady - Dublin
Breslin - Wexford, Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
O'Hara - Wexford, Kingstown
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Lynam - Meath and Renovo, Pennsylvania
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 02 September 11 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hey everyone  ;D

Ann...so sorry to hear about your dad..thoughts are with you.

I've some bad news too...I am not going to be able to make the Dublin meet unfortunately  :( due to major college commitments this year - my final year and have a thesis to complete and also a 7,000 word work placement portfolio.

However, Eadaoin has kindly agreed to take over the planning of the meet  ;D Thank you Eadaoin - I really appreciate it.

So, follow Eadaoin's posts from now on lol....so sad that I can't make it  :'( but such is life

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Reilg Chill Barróg
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 05 September 11 21:01 BST (UK) »
I am not going to be able to make the Dublin meet unfortunately  :( due to major college commitments this year - my final year and have a thesis to complete and also a 7,000 word work placement portfolio.

However, Eadaoin has kindly agreed to take over the planning of the meet 
Annie

As Annie says, I've agreed to take over the organising of the Meet. Annie has told me what she's done so far.
In a couple of weeks I'll ask people when they're likely to arrive in Dublin, etc.

In the meantime, I'm calling in to a few eating-places in the South City, and I'll publish details later .. some of them don't give individual bills, so might not be as suitable?
All you other Dubs, any suggestions for good eateries for the evening? I'll check them out if poss.

regards eadaoin
Brady - Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Reilg Chill Barróg
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 26 September 11 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone!

I thought I should get in contact with you all again - it's less than 4 weeks until our meet!

Maybe everyone would PM me to give me an idea of who is still interested - and when you're likely to arrive, and leave (there's no point in organising Friday, if everyone is coming only on Saturday).

In the next couple of days I'll post a rough timetable, and details(opening hours, etc) of the various Archives/Libraries.

Reminder: don't forget to get your tickets for "Back to Our Past" - it's halfprice if you get them early

regards eadaoin
Brady - Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Reilg Chill Barróg
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 27 September 11 22:48 BST (UK) »
hello again

Closer to the date I'll post details of exactly where I'll be during the weekend.

---- Here's a round-up of the various Libraries, Archives etc

National Archive --- Fri 1000 - 1700 .. (reader's ticket)       http://www.nationalarchives.ie/   

National Library ---- Fri 0930 - 1645 ... Sat 0930 - 1245    (reader's ticket.. ?or genealogy badge?)
   http://www.nli.ie/en/homepage.aspx   

Pearse St Library --- Fri .. 1000 - 1700 (café to 1600)...    Sat .. 1000 - 1700 (café to 1500)
http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/libraries/Heritage%20and%20History/Family%20History/
Pages/index.aspx

General Register Office, Dublin --- Fri .. 0930 - 1630       http://www.groireland.ie/research.htm

RDS "Back to Our Past" -Hall 4 - Industries Hall .. Fri 1200 - 1900 .... Sat 1100 - 1900 .... Sun 1100-1900

---------------------------------------

---- This is a rough timetable
- let me know what you think! --- and tell me what I've left out!!
And of course anyone is free to do their own thing at any stage - I'll try to be available to people unfamiliar with the city.

I've figured 2 places for us to eat in the evenings, both near National Library and Pearse St Library

Friday .... Pearse St / National Archive?
      .... evening meal?

Saturday ....    a.m. National Library?
      p.m. RDS "Back to Our Past"  Anglesey Road Entrance
      ... evening meal?

Sunday ....    a.m. walk around Dublin?
      ... I think I'll go to Mass in the Church where my father's family attended. (St Nicholas of Myra)

~~~~~~~~---------------

I'm going to make myself a badge with EADAOIN on it, ??and a picture of a tree!
Brady - Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Reilg Chill Barróg
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 16 October 11 23:01 BST (UK) »
Rootschat Meet ... PM ... 16 Oct 2011

just to bring everybody up-to-date. I'm still waiting to hear from 5 people.
It looks as if there may be 7 of us meeting in Dublin 21-23 October, all going well - maybe not all at the same time.
I don't think anyone is coming from abroad, and ?most of us are Dublin based, so there probably won't be a need for conducted tours (PM me if I'm wrong!)

eadaoin, shanew147, myluck!, Purpeller, annieoburns, ibud, DympJoyce

here's how I see things at the moment - please let me know if I've got something wrong.
I'm thinking the"Davenport Hotel" for the evenings - it's convenient to the DART and has a good choice of barfood ..
Tapas 6 euro, Mains 11-16 euro

Friday afternoon I'll be in Pearse St Library
- meet at Davenport 6.30pm - at present it's myself and ibud - all others welcome

Saturday "Back to Our Past" - I'll probably go there before lunch, and stay most of the afternoon. This may be where most of us will meet up (shane and Purpeller ... and others) ... will we meet near the entrance about 2pm??
meet Davenport 7pm ish for dinner/drink/whatever - at present it's myself and DympJoyce - all welcome.

I've made myself a nice badge (3 inches / 8 cm) of a tree which I'll try to photo attach.
Have I forgotten anything?

regards eadaoin
Brady - Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 17 October 11 07:55 BST (UK) »
Love the badge

At the moment I see me meeting up on Friday and hopefully Saturday during the day; Saturday night is a slight dilemma at the moment!!
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder